Bellamy

de niro said:
oakiecokie said:
de niro said:
my only beef with this is that he got shut of bellers and kept rsc and jo.
disgraceful lack of professionism. can he only manage "yes men"/#?

i've said this over and over again, you play your best team, fall out all week but on matchday you play your best team. it was the same with keegan and berko, hughes with elano.now i happen to think that IF we get the winger bob wants then craig is suplus to requirments but untill then he's handy to have,
no manager "likes" all his players, bob hates tevez but picked him every week.who was more disruptive him or bellers?
double standards.

Can`t argue with that.However would Bellers be ready to buckle down and show more respect and yes before you say it Bob,yes it works both ways !!

on the football side we are moving on espcially if we do get another winger so i suppose its all academic anyway.a younger fitter bellers and we are laughing.

Unfortunately I don`t see too many in the English Leagues.

de niro said:
the only time i've seen him in the last year was at stalybridge last week, his will to win was still there for all to see.would his knees last a prem season? hard to say but i would 100% have him knocking about the place.great for the carling cup, great to have as an impact sub in bigger games, we'd be paying him anyway so why not use him rather than hand him over to another club and still pay him.

That's my view as well.

Use the resources you have. Don't throw away a decent player just because he's an arsehole.

He could play the Carling Cup games, a sub for the lesser Premiership games, and could help out some of the kids during training.

It's only one more season, and why write off £5m wages when we could make him earn them.

I would rather eat dog shit than see Bellend stay at the club.....

Thankfully Mancini and I are one in this regard.

Soulboy said:
de niro said:
the only time i've seen him in the last year was at stalybridge last week, his will to win was still there for all to see.would his knees last a prem season? hard to say but i would 100% have him knocking about the place.great for the carling cup, great to have as an impact sub in bigger games, we'd be paying him anyway so why not use him rather than hand him over to another club and still pay him.

That's my view as well.

Use the resources you have. Don't throw away a decent player just because he's an arsehole.

He could play the Carling Cup games, a sub for the lesser Premiership games, and could help out some of the kids during training.

It's only one more season, and why write off £5m wages when we could make him earn them.

I agree with the general theme of this but I think Bellamy is 100% a player who can perform in the big games and would probably be best used when we're away in CL or Prem on left of a 5 man midfield with one up top, rather than just as a Carling Cup player. With the squad we have we could feasibly get 30 games out of him across all comps if his injury is managed correctly.

I heard Bellamy and Mancini had a big bust up last year after Mancini questioned Bellamy's training regime. Bellamy said he would return to City after Mancini had been sacked, (in more fruity language). Whether they can reconcile differences is possible but unlikely.

So how could this be done given that Celtic probably can't even pay 1/3 of his wages? A pay off?

-

Celtic in provisional talks to sign Manchester City striker Craig Bellamy, confirms Neil Lennon
Celtic manager Neil Lennon has confirmed provisional talks are under way between the Scottish Premier League side and Manchester City over the possible sale of Craig Bellamy.

Lennon stated on Friday that he hoped to use the occasion of both clubs finding themselves in the Irish capital for the weekend to establish whether a deal for the Welsh international was possible and admitted after watching his side sweep aside an Airtricity XI 5-0 that informal discussions have been held.

“We will maybe know more on that in the week,” said the Celtic manager. “Talks have been going on in the background. I believe there have been conversations between the two clubs.”

At what stage those conversations stand remains unclear – Garry Cook, City’s chief executive, and Celtic’s majority shareholder Dermot Desmond played golf on Friday – but the financial gulf between the two sides is such that any transfer is likely to be difficult to accomplish.

Bellamy is not thought to be prepared to take a substantial cut from his £90,000-a-week wages at the Etihad Stadium, a sum Celtic simply could not hope to match.

City are not currently prepared to allow the player, who spent last season at Cardiff, to leave Manchester again on loan, believing that they will be able to recoup some of the £14 million fee they paid to bring him from West Ham in 2009.

The Welshman is also ready to consider a rapprochement with his manager, Roberto Mancini, in a bid to remain Manchester, another potential obstacle for Lennon.

The Italian has refused to be drawn on whether he would consider allowing the player to return to the fold after the complete breakdown of their relationship last year, acknowledging on Saturday that such a move would depend on “many things”.

I could see something like this happening - sold for £1m, we pay £30k/week for 12 months with Celtic paying £60k. He's on the books as sold so under that weird FFPR thing about players being up for sale (can't remember the legal term) his wages wouldn't count for FFPR. We'd bank £1m for FFPR (even though we'd actually have a net loss of £0.5m) and show an improvement of £60k/week for the next 12 months (circa £3m).

Not sure if that all fits as neatly into FFPR as I put it above though........

According to twitter:

Craig Bellamy has no intention of joining Celtic from #mcfc on loan or on a permanent deal. [SSN]

It seems that he is replying to Mancini statement yesterday about him joining Celtic !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.