bellers, ireland and ned

depps

before anyone starts let me just say im not actually that disappointed to have gone out tonight and understand why we played such a weak team tonight. My point is that supposedly these were players we had no need for, even though there was space for them in the 25 man squad. I'm sure im not the only who thinks mancini dropped a major one by letting go. They would have made a major difference tonight and bellers and ireland in particular werent agitating for moves and were happy to be squad players

We put out a poor side and got what we deserved,but as you say maybe we should have kept some of the 'throw aways' whilst it is not the end of the world i am extremely disapointed at the team selection,it would have been better to have played Zab Silva and Milna from the start and then take them off when we were infront (assumption)he has still had to risk them to injury

Agree that Bellers would have made a difference. At the time when Ned went, we assumed, as he did, there were too many in front of him & he chose (?) to go. As for Ireland, I honestly can not remember the last worthwhile contribution that he made in a City shirt & after the $hite he has come out with, glad he has gone!!

If you were Bellers, Ireland or Ned, would you be happy training everyday just to play in a handful of Carling cup games. Bellers is a legend but what have Ireland or Ned done lately, they are not the kind of players to get us in the top 4.

I think if Boatang and Kolarov were fit he might of risked Richards and maybe another defender.

In Mancini we trust

depps said:
before anyone starts let me just say im not actually that disappointed to have gone out tonight and understand why we played such a weak team tonight. My point is that supposedly these were players we had no need for, even though there was space for them in the 25 man squad. I'm sure im not the only who thinks mancini dropped a major one by letting go. They would have made a major difference tonight and bellers and ireland in particular werent agitating for moves and were happy to be squad players

bellers and ned mouthing off to the press and causing trouble

ireland was sold to get a better player

Obviously Mancini's fault.

I distinctly remember Ireland, Bellamy and Ned all saying 'I want to stay and play the occasional cup game such is the strength of my character and feeling for the club'.

smidycent said:
If you were Bellers, Ireland or Ned, would you be happy training everyday just to play in a handful of Carling cup games. Bellers is a legend but what have Ireland or Ned done lately, they are not the kind of players to get us in the top 4.

I think if Boatang and Kolarov were fit he might of risked Richards and maybe another defender.

In Mancini we trust

Of course, we could play a Bridge-Lescott-Richards-Zab backline with Boateng. Lescott and Kolarov fit.

He let them go because they were a hindrance to the club and mouthing off in friggin' public. Ireland has just had no effort recently so glad he went off, but as much as I like Bellers and Ned, a lot might I add, squad harmony is a hell of a lot more important than having an extra player because we feel he could have made a difference in the Carling Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.