Ben Chilwell

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by LucahArchie10, 13 Dec 2018.

1. MCFC_4Heatons

MCFC_4Heatons

They'll ask for £80m .. might end up settling for around £70m + add ons and the player will have to agitate for the move (its Leicester). That's the market & there's a premium cos he's homegrown. Other clubs also know if they can tempt the player with a big wage offer, we we'll only offer so much in wages. TBH I agree with the wage structure at City, especially when we're talking about young, relatively unproven players they can't come in on silly wages. I dont think it was anything to do with wages the fooked up the Jorginho deal though, i just think we were trying to get one over the Napoli president, driving the transfer price down but he had the last laugh....

2. Bpughh

Bpughh

looks the next luke shaw to me. would rather us bring back angelino or take our time scouting out a better option.

3. higgi1p

higgi1p

Not worth anything like that amount even allowing for being home grown

4. Damanino

Damanino

Well I dont know about him. There is the example of Andy Robertson from Hull to Liverpool for 8m pounds and look at him he could be solving Liverpool LB problem for next 5 years or longer.

But this Chilwell guy doesnt look half as good imo as Walker did for Spurs in his best seasons. And certainly would command similar fee. If we ready to splash the big cash then bring in proven quality or world class potential. IF we want to gamble on some young talented LB then 20m enough maximum and get the fucking scouts to look around all top leagues at least. I am sure there are LBs on Chilwell level not costing same as he is.

This more than 100m spent on Mendy+Walker so far didnt pay out as I hoped.

5. BosnianBlue

BosnianBlue

Team supported:
    City
    20m can buy you an unproven kid these days, I'm afraid. We're selling kids who barely or never played for first team for 10-15m.

6. KCblue

KCblue

Liverpool - They won't be in for Chillwell having Robertson already
    Spurs - Rose and Davies both contracted until 2021
    Chelsea - Alonso contracted until 2023, Emerson until 2022
    Arsenal - Kolasinac contracted until 2022, Monreal out of contract in the summer
    United - Shaw contracted until 2023, Young out of contract in the summer

7. doobyedoobye

doobyedoobye

Looks like we have a decent shout

8. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

He's not a fat fuck and he's not injury prone? so how so?

9. Bpughh

Bpughh

a waste of money .

10. Blue Feather

Blue Feather

Please no to a big money bid for Chilwell…..there has to be better options just do some fucking scouting !!!