Ben Chilwell

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by LucahArchie10, 13 Dec 2018.

1. hammersmithlad

hammersmithlad

Looks like an average player to me whom will command an over inflated price.

Looks solid & nothing more with an occasional good crosser of the ball & seems to lose the ball far too often for my liking in dangerous parts of the park.

Good, nothing great.

nmc likes this.
  2. Tevez City

Tevez City

Then he is destined to sign for City for +50 m

3. minnesota blue

minnesota blue

You are really strange.

karen7 and Murph like this.
  4. neilmcnab

neilmcnab

We have to sign this kid. He's quick. Got great delivery. And most important can defend. Good in the air. What's not to like. Young and get able.. first summer transfer.

5. Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield

I always assumed if we went for another left back Zinchenko would be allowed to leave. Now I am starting to think maybe Delph may be moved on..

6. 7evens

7evens

To be fair to Chilwell, "solid and nothing more" and "good, nothing great" is about where you'd expect a 22-year-old defender to be if they've only been playing regularly for eighteen months. Who's better in his age range when fully fit? Mendy? Shaw? Robertson? We already have Mendy, Shaw and Robertson would never come here. In terms of Premier League quality full-backs that leaves us out of options. Looking into mainland European leagues is an option, especially with players like Hernandez and Grimaldo available for the right price, but how likely are we to find a young, homegrown talent that's willing to rotate at the rate our defenders do? A good, young full-back will cost upwards of £40m in this market and I'd rather spend that on someone who can allow us to buy foreign players in other positions. If we were in a place where we could play fast and loose with homegrown quotas then I'd agree that we need better options than Chilwell, but unless we sell Mendy and Zinchenko this summer I don't see us going after anyone else.

7. citizens_1976

citizens_1976

I like Chilwell, but Leicester will command at least 50m for him.

Wouldn't it be better going after Alex Grimaldo at Benfica who is probably a more accomplished footballer at around 15-20m cheaper?

Take Bernat for example at PSG, brought in for a good price and impresses every time I see him play. Not always the most expensive option works. Considering Mendy was bouhht for 50m, it would be a bit silly of us to go out and spend another 50-60m on a left back.

I'd rather buy shrewdly on a left back and lump most of our transfer budget on a Fernandinho replacement, that area is an absolute necessity and is one position where we need the absolute best of the best, the A listers. NDombele will probably cost us 85m, well worth it in my opinion.

8. Delphinho

Delphinho

Who the fuck needs Pep when you could have Brendan Fucking Rodgers?

9. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    Thank God for that, he's not good enough.

Bpughh likes this.
  10. City_Sean

City_Sean

I feel the same. If he stays it's a bullet dodged for me.