Ben Chilwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or Angelino. 11 assists in all competitions, did well in the CL against Barca, Spurs and Inter, we might have a buy back clause, he’s 22 and homegrown. Zinchenko is good enough to be first choice LB, and Angelino would be an upgrade on Mendy when you take injuries into consideration
Think we need better than Zinchenko as first choice long term. Makes no sense to buy Angelino, just go out and buy first choice LB and fix the LB position properly.

Heard a whisper from someone in the know rr Chilwell - he seems adamant but I just can’t see it unless Mendy ships out - on that point was Mendy there yesterday ? Don’t recall seeing him.

Heard a whisper from someone in the know rr Chilwell - he seems adamant but I just can’t see it unless Mendy ships out - on that point was Mendy there yesterday ? Don’t recall seeing him.
What did he said mate ?

The club invested so much in Mendy, I can understand them being reluctant to spend big money on his replacement when it's unlikely we'll be able to sell Mendy for a decent fee. Ideally we'd sign someone like Danilo who can play in different positions including LB, but I'm not sure that player of our standard is available. I wish Alaba was feasible.

We have amassed 198 points in 2 seasons with Mendy (when fit), Delph and Olek. Unless Delph and Mendy are both off I see no reason why we would fork out for another.

More pressing is Danilo/ Otamendi going, Kompany maybe going, and Fernandinho/ Silva's age.

Right Back.
Centre Half X2 (one to cover left back).
DM.
Midfielder.
Maybe a forward option.

That's 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.