Ben Chilwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing special..... means we'll probably spunk 50 million on him then

answered your own question.

If you’ve got a player running full tilt to go over and help a player multiple times then there’s probably a tactical positional issue.

had two players to mark and had little help from his left winger and his CB/DM and despite several obvious scares it wasn’t changed. As I said, thrown under a bus.
Wow! Almost never had 2 players to mark. It was one v one multiple times and he was getting embarrassed. That's why Ndidi ran over a few times, coz he didn't think Ben could handle Mahrez by himself. And he was right. He couldn't.

Unless you mean he was thrown under the bus because he is a poor defender and everyone at Leicester knew this and yet let him play against a dribbler like Mahrez.

Kev seldom had any effect on Chillwell poor play. Mahrez embarrassed him one v one often. Nothing to do with not getting help. He was being abused 1 v1.

We could do with competition for left back but Chillwell isn't the answer.

Wow! Almost never had 2 players to mark. It was one v one multiple times and he was getting embarrassed. That's why Ndidi ran over a few times, coz he didn't think Ben could handle Mahrez by himself. And he was right. He couldn't.

Unless you mean he was thrown under the bus because he is a poor defender and everyone at Leicester knew this and yet let him play against a dribbler like Mahrez.

Kev seldom had any effect on Chillwell poor play. Mahrez embarrassed him one v one often. Nothing to do with not getting help. He was being abused 1 v1.

Disagree. Kev's positioning especially and Mahrez's positioning meant Chilwell was frequently in two minds whether to track KDB or Mahrez. He needed help from Barnes to cover Mahrez or his CDM to cover KDB. It didn't happen often enough and was a clear ploy on our part to put pressure on him, which was working and it was glaringly obvious. Rodgers did next to nothing to stop it until the 2nd half.

I'm not defending Chilwell, he had a mare but he was exposed and his manager did nothing to help him, certainly not early enough.

Disagree. Kev's positioning especially and Mahrez's positioning meant Chilwell was frequently in two minds whether to track KDB or Mahrez. He needed help from Barnes to cover Mahrez or his CDM to cover KDB. It didn't happen often enough and was a clear ploy on our part to put pressure on him, which was working and it was glaringly obvious. Rodgers did next to nothing to stop it until the 2nd half.

I'm not defending Chilwell, he had a mare but he was exposed and his manager did nothing to help him, certainly not early enough.
Why would he need help from Barnes to cover Mahrez? Barnes was covering Walker and helping on Kevin.

It's really fantasy, this notion of Chillwell being caught in 2 minds. On almost all 4 or 5 scenarios when Mahrez embarrassed him, Kev was nowhere in the picture to even register as an interest to Chillwell.

The first was from a long pass from Kevin ( who was being defended by Barnes) so Chillwell was isolated with Mahrez. Who turned him inside out with 2 pull back moves then Ndidi ran over to help. Nothing to do with Kevin.

Similarly on Kevin's first shot, Kev is on too of the key and Mahrez is toyiing with Chillwell with stepovers near the touch line. Pulls the ball back and lays it over for a Kev shot.

There is the time again 1 v1 in the box where he just makes Chillwell look stupid with some fancy move and layss it on Gabby, and the ball bounces too quickly off Gabby and almost goes in the net. Again, Kev or anyone else is nowhere affecting Chillwell's decision. Even the commentator noted this.

Then there is the equalizer, long ball to Mahrez in the touchline, no help, he just attacks Chillwell, who by now is shit scared of Mahrez and just backs off, then Mahrez cuts tnside to his left foot and smacks in a shot. No regards to Chillwell's presence whatsoever.

Frankly Mahrez could have repeated that sequence all night. Chillwell wanted no part of defending him.

The notion that Chillwell was ever worried about Kevin is just false. Chillwell was man marking Mahrez. On several occasions including the 3rd goal Kevin will run into the left flank area and Chillwell will ignore him and stay close to Mahrez who was hugging the line. This created the space Kev exploited for the 3rd goal. As Chillwell did not even attempt to squeeze inside when Kev got the ball. He simply stayed with Mahrez.

It's Fantasy this notion that Chillwell was in 2 minds. Nothing in the evidence supports it.

Either he is really poor defensively, or caught Mahrez on a wrong day. But he was embarrassed all night, and it had nothing to do with Kevin confusing him.

Why would he need help from Barnes to cover Mahrez? Barnes was covering Walker and helping on Kevin.

It's really fantasy, this notion of Chillwell being caught in 2 minds. On almost all 4 or 5 scenarios when Mahrez embarrassed him, Kev was nowhere in the picture to even register as an interest to Chillwell.

The first was from a long pass from Kevin ( who was being defended by Barnes) so Chillwell was isolated with Mahrez. Who turned him inside out with 2 pull back moves then Ndidi ran over to help. Nothing to do with Kevin.

Similarly on Kevin's first shot, Kev is on too of the key and Mahrez is toyiing with Chillwell with stepovers near the touch line. Pulls the ball back and lays it over for a Kev shot.

There is the time again 1 v1 in the box where he just makes Chillwell look stupid with some fancy move and layss it on Gabby, and the ball bounces too quickly off Gabby and almost goes in the net. Again, Kev or anyone else is nowhere affecting Chillwell's decision. Even the commentator noted this.

Then there is the equalizer, long ball to Mahrez in the touchline, no help, he just attacks Chillwell, who by now is shit scared of Mahrez and just backs off, then Mahrez cuts tnside to his left foot and smacks in a shot. No regards to Chillwell's presence whatsoever.

Frankly Mahrez could have repeated that sequence all night. Chillwell wanted no part of defending him.

The notion that Chillwell was ever worried about Kevin is just false. Chillwell was man marking Mahrez. On several occasions including the 3rd goal Kevin will run into the left flank area and Chillwell will ignore him and stay close to Mahrez who was hugging the line. This created the space Kev exploited for the 3rd goal. As Chillwell did not even attempt to squeeze inside when Kev got the ball. He simply stayed with Mahrez.

It's Fantasy this notion that Chillwell was in 2 minds. Nothing in the evidence supports it.

Either he is really poor defensively, or caught Mahrez on a wrong day. But he was embarrassed all night, and it had nothing to do with Kevin confusing him.
The way I saw it was that Mahrez was maintaining width in a slightly deeper than usual starting position. Chilwell was defending very narrow and allowing Mahrez to run at him. Usually, defenders will look to get on him quickly to force him to pass backwards, but due to their respective starting positions, Mahrez was facing him up time and time again with the space to accelerate at him.

The way I saw it was that Mahrez was maintaining width in a slightly deeper than usual starting position. Chilwell was defending very narrow and allowing Mahrez to run at him. Usually, defenders will look to get on him quickly to force him to pass backwards, but due to their respective starting positions, Mahrez was facing him up time and time again with the space to accelerate at him.
Yes you are absolutely right. Especially early on. In the 2nd half you can tell someone must have instructed him at half to get closer to Mahrez though..

Mahrez then began to play a lot nearer the touch line which created a space between Chillwell (who was trying to stay close) and the LCB as Chillwell tried to get closer to Mahrez. It was that space that Kevin exploited 2ice including for the creation of the 3rd goal.

Also even when he got closer, somehow Mahrez was still able to often turn and always face him up wirh the ball. I have to watch again to see if Chillwell was just doing a shit job getting real tight (probably) or Mahrez has adjusted his receiving position to make it easier to face up quickly.

Coz defenders have often harrassed Mahrez by getting tight and forcing him to go backwards before he could turn and face the defender.

I watched Leicester v Villa and Chilwell was poor. Slightly at fault for Villa's goal but what struck me throughout is his lack of pace.

I think it's quite likely that City will move for a left back in the Summer and I think we maybe considering Chilwell but I don't think he is good enough.

I watched Leicester v Villa and Chilwell was poor. Slightly at fault for Villa's goal but what struck me throughout is his lack of pace.

I think it's quite likely that City will move for a left back in the Summer and I think we maybe considering Chilwell but I don't think he is good enough.

Lucas Digne at everton is a better player. Unless we shift Mendy I dont see us going for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.