Ben Chilwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tagliafico is a shout. Knows Aguero too from Argentina - imagine another year from Sergio as no 2. Quality

I would rather use Cancelo as LB to rotate with Mendy and/or even bring Angelino back to play in a back 3 when needed. Get a CB and if we need to be more defensive solid use Laporte at LB or left side of a back 3.

Chilwell is a decent player, but I am sure I have seen figures of £85m bandied about. Definite no at that price, if only Mendy could stay fit we would not have to look elsewhere imo.

I do really like Chilwell but 85m is far and beyond what he's worth to us. I can see why Leicester have quoted that, he's their no 1, don't want to lose him, same thing with Maguire last year except United were stupid enough to go for it.

It's a shame Tierney's been super injury prone at Arsenal, genuinely thought he should've been an option last summer. But this year we need a starting LB. It's at the point where I don't care who. Zinchenko isn't good enough, Angelino works but only in a back 3 and Mendy well, he might be a useful rotation option/backup but he's nowhere near reliable enough. As for putting Cancelo at LB I think that's a ridiculous option to rely on - the lad's barely started at RB hence why he's never really shown what he can do. We need someone we can rely on week in week out at LB and none of the 3 current options available to us already at the club are that.

When Tagliafico is available for about £25m, it would be silly beyond belief to drop 3 or 4 times that amount on a worse player, albeit several years younger and English.

Sign Tagliafico for £25m, then turn our attentions to a CB and my dream signing this summer, Kai Havertz.

no pandemic at Chelsea then !

Chilwell is a decent player, but I am sure I have seen figures of £85m bandied about. Definite no at that price, if only Mendy could stay fit we would not have to look elsewhere imo.
Yes we would, his first touch is awful and his passing very hit and miss. No where near consistent enough for a top level team. He can hit a ball hard though I'll give him that.

Did Cancelo play badly against Liverpool as LB ?

In addition to Cancelo, Zinchenko win% record as LB is not bad at all.

Yes we would, his first touch is awful and his passing very hit and miss. No where near consistent enough for a top level team. He can hit a ball hard though I'll give him that.
Disagree, once he gets a run of games ( injury permitting which is the problem) Mendy is a good player. Not doubting defensively he can improve, but Chilwell is nothing special and I would rather have Mendy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.