Ben Chilwell

Hall isn’t really a LB. He’s a CM who has shown he can do a job there. If it was up to me I’d cut my losses on Cucurella and bring Maatsen back.

Gonna have to be a HUGE sell off this summer though? Think Kovacic will leave?

Gonna have to be a HUGE sell off this summer though? Think Kovacic will leave?

He could be. There weirdly haven’t been any contract talks around him at all. I want him to stay but I think he flatters to deceive in all honesty but maybe a good coach like Enrique can get consistency out of him.

He could be. There weirdly haven’t been any contract talks around him at all. I want him to stay but I think he flatters to deceive in all honesty but maybe a good coach like Enrique can get consistency out of him.

Think he could fit in well at City? We seem to have been linked with him

Think he could fit in well at City? We seem to have been linked with him

What formation do you guys play mostly? If it’s 433, then yeah for sure. I guess Rodri will always be your deepest midfielder? Kovacic loves coming deep to collect the ball from the CBs. He’s one of the most press resistant players around but he doesn’t have the passing range or the scoring touch of Gundogan.

Last edited:
Yes, we want no left backs here.
Well we literally don’t play with any. I don’t see the point in buying a left back that would expect to play most games when we play 3-2-2-3. No point. Virtually our whole defence needs to either be able to play centre back or in the centre of midfield and Chilwell can do neither. So he isn’t needed.

What formation do you guys play mostly? If it’s 433, then yeah for sure. I guess Rodri will always be your deepest midfielder? Kovacic loves coming deep to collect the ball from the CBs. He’s one of the most press resistant players around but he doesn’t have the passing range or the scoring touch of Gundogan.

It’s a bit of a 3-2-2-3 with the ball and 4-3-3 without we have seen recently. City need someone who can put a foot in and take the ball from the back four to give Rodri a rest. Phillips hasn’t shown he is capable to deputise yet.

Would anyone take a cut-price Cucurella? Chilwell nailed down to a new deal. Chelsea will need to sell assets to balance the books for not getting in Europe.

We could get him for what we originally wanted to pay Brighton (£30m) or so. Surely we must have rated him. In our system he could be much better or is it a no go after his terrible season.

Personally I’m happy with Ake but if we wanted another option in case of an injury - I suppose the plan for next season supposing we stick to this system is probably for Gvardiol and Ake in that hybrid role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.