Benat

Again, not the appropriate thread perhaps.. But I still can't post my own topics...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20895255

West Brom's Graham Dorrans told he can seek a new club

West Bromwich Albion midfielder Graham Dorrans has been told he can look for a new club this month.
The Scotland international, 25, was left out of West Brom's 18-man squad for their New Year's Day defeat by Fulham, despite being fit.
Baggies manager Steve Clarke says that Dorrans, whose contract runs to 2015, is looking for a "fresh challenge".
But Clarke added Dorrans would only be allowed leave the club during January if the price was right.
Clarke said: "Graham came to see me a couple of weeks ago and he said [wanting to leave] was down not just to what is happening this season but previous seasons.
"He feels as though he needs a fresh challenge. We had an amicable discussion.
"We came to an agreement that, if something came along in January that was good for the club and good for Graham, we would listen to the possibility that Graham could leave."
Dorrans signed his current contract in July 2010, shortly after West Ham had several bids for the player - the last reported to be £5m - rejected by Albion.
In addition to the 18 months left on Dorrans's contract at The Hawthorns, the club retain the option of another year so are likely to seek a sizeable fee for the player, who joined from Livingston in 2008 and has made more than 130 appearances for the club.
He has been in and out of the starting line-up this season, making 12 appearances since Clarke took over as manager in the summer.
He played all but the last seven minutes of the 2-0 defeat away to Manchester United on 29 December before being left out against Fulham.

A hardy sort of a bloke from the odd Brom game I've seen. Would he be worth a punt, if say Sinclair went to the Toffees on loan or as an extra Milner-like run-all-day game changer?

Nobody at the club has given the green light for any spending at all this January. Bobby was dropping his hints again yesterdayabout needing to bring in a couple of players because of the injury situation and the bastard African Nations Cup but seemed to be suggesting that nobody was necessarily hearing him.

Yaya should have retired from international football, btw.

sam-caddick said:
I don't understand why Blues think Fellaini is the man to improve us.

It's quite clear from watching him this season his best position is behind the striker and not in central midfield, his best asset is his strength and height where pretty much mastery of 'long ball' football sums his style of play.

Beñat suits our style of play more, he plays on the floor and can control a game in the middle of the park, however I don't think he is the answer to our problems in midfield as if anything he will be a backup to Yaya in my opinion, something we definately need to look into as we are relying on him too much.

A Player like De Rossi, Pirlo, Xabi Alonso, Fernandinho, Xavi etc.. are the types of players we need in the midfield in my opinion.

If we were looking for a player to play behind the striker and support play, offer goals and create goals then Fellaini would be the man, we have Silva, Nasri and Tevez playing there already though.

Everytime I have seen Fellaini play in the defensive midfield position he has been exceptional. He can undoubtedly do a job further up field but he is a fabulous defensive midfielder and, I understand that this is where he wants to play at Everton or elsewhere.

Pam said:
Nobody at the club has given the green light for any spending at all this January. Bobby was dropping his hints again yesterdayabout needing to bring in a couple of players because of the injury situation and the bastard African Nations Cup but seemed to be suggesting that nobody was necessarily hearing him.

Yaya should have retired from international football, btw.
He would've retired. The problem is they bought the cuo forward didn't they. Very rare to have one cup after another.<br /><br />-- Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:53 am --<br /><br />Fellaini sees himself best as a CDM by the way. He's meant to said that to Moyes and the Everton faithful say it all the time.

The team needs goals and Fellaini gets them or sets up hence his position.

It's using what you have where you see fit. Fellaini shouldn't he thought of any less by anyone because he's so flexible position wise. It's a bonus imo.

The_Boxing_KangaBlue said:
Again, not the appropriate thread perhaps.. But I still can't post my own topics...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20895255

West Brom's Graham Dorrans told he can seek a new club

West Bromwich Albion midfielder Graham Dorrans has been told he can look for a new club this month.
The Scotland international, 25, was left out of West Brom's 18-man squad for their New Year's Day defeat by Fulham, despite being fit.
Baggies manager Steve Clarke says that Dorrans, whose contract runs to 2015, is looking for a "fresh challenge".
But Clarke added Dorrans would only be allowed leave the club during January if the price was right.
Clarke said: "Graham came to see me a couple of weeks ago and he said [wanting to leave] was down not just to what is happening this season but previous seasons.
"He feels as though he needs a fresh challenge. We had an amicable discussion.
"We came to an agreement that, if something came along in January that was good for the club and good for Graham, we would listen to the possibility that Graham could leave."
Dorrans signed his current contract in July 2010, shortly after West Ham had several bids for the player - the last reported to be £5m - rejected by Albion.
In addition to the 18 months left on Dorrans's contract at The Hawthorns, the club retain the option of another year so are likely to seek a sizeable fee for the player, who joined from Livingston in 2008 and has made more than 130 appearances for the club.
He has been in and out of the starting line-up this season, making 12 appearances since Clarke took over as manager in the summer.
He played all but the last seven minutes of the 2-0 defeat away to Manchester United on 29 December before being left out against Fulham.

A hardy sort of a bloke from the odd Brom game I've seen. Would he be worth a punt, if say Sinclair went to the Toffees on loan or as an extra Milner-like run-all-day game changer?

Absolutely not a cat in hells chance.

sam-caddick said:

It's quite clear from watching him this season his best position is behind the striker and not in central midfield, his best asset is his strength and height where pretty much mastery of 'long ball' football sums his style of play.

Beñat suits our style of play more, he plays on the floor and can control a game in the middle of the park, however I don't think he is the answer to our problems in midfield as if anything he will be a backup to Yaya in my opinion, something we definately need to look into as we are relying on him too much.

A Player like De Rossi, Pirlo, Xabi Alonso, Fernandinho, Xavi etc.. are the types of players we need in the midfield in my opinion.

If we were looking for a player to play behind the striker and support play, offer goals and create goals then Fellaini would be the man, we have Silva, Nasri and Tevez playing there already though.

i say about felainni because he and yaya will run the midfield and he is the perfect long-term replacement for yaya....benat will be a back-up for yaya at the best not a chance to be his replacement...so if we ask me i would go for felainni rather tha benat all day long

Salar said:
Ray78 said:
Blue Haze said:
He might allow Yaya to play in his best spot- up front

------Benat--------Barry
-------------Yaya
Nasri-------Aguero-------Silva

Not a bad Attacking Line up.
We can't play with a single striker.

Biggest myth in the club. We have 4 strikers who played centrally for their clubs/nat'l in their most effective spells. I'd much prefer dropping Nasri/Silva to centremid and finding a winger to unlock the defence.

MihaiCity said:
sam-caddick said:

i say about felainni because he and yaya will run the midfield and he is the perfect long-term replacement for yaya....benat will be a back-up for yaya at the best not a chance to be his replacement...so if we ask me i would go for felainni rather tha benat all day long

Fellani would be an incredible signing for us. Shit hot DM, shit hot target man and a shit hot striker. He's so versatile and good at breaking up play,bringing the ball down,holding the ball,spreading it around and knows where the net is.proven on prem, I'd take him at city ahead of pretty much any other realistic targets

BlueHalli said:
MihaiCity said:
sam-caddick said:

Fellani would be an incredible signing for us. Shit hot DM, shit hot target man and a shit hot striker. He's so versatile and good at breaking up play,bringing the ball down,holding the ball,spreading it around and knows where the net is.proven on prem, I'd take him at city ahead of pretty much any other realistic targets

+1 he is the man we really need...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.