Bendtner

Rammy Blue

just read on daily mail website that we failed in deadline day loan bid for Bendtner, apparently we were striving to sign a tall centre forward as our bid for RSC floundered.....

i get the feeling from the article that this is true rather than speculation and as such all it has left me doing is shaking my head in disbelief at our inability to have a plan B for a "targetman".

we have now let our only player who can head a ball go to a team above us in the league and although i am relatively happy with our winter window i think it is scandalous that we were scrabbling about trying for a loan as the window drew shut.

well, i too am pretty annoyed at the jo saga, if only because he's been loaned to everton, like you said, direct competition.

just confuses me.

as for the target man/striker debate.

goals haven't been our problem so far, and im hoping the second half of the season will be the same.

if we can still get goals from midfield, i'll be happy waiting for a target man, and not being ripped off for roque

ive just read that article,glad we didn`t get Bentner ,because a really dont rate him.
rather perserver with Big Phil till summer.

Bendtner's shite imo, can't remember ever being impressed anytime i've seen him. His first touch is poor and his bottle seems to crash anytime he's in a position you'd expect him to score from.

nino brown said:
Bendtner's shite imo, can't remember ever being impressed anytime i've seen him. His first touch is poor and his bottle seems to crash anytime he's in a position you'd expect him to score from.

And he wears pink boots, girl!

we have now let our only player who can head a ball go to a team above us in the league and although i am relatively happy with our winter window i think it is scandalous that we were scrabbling about trying for a loan as the window drew shut.[/quote]
In fairness, we haven't let our only player who can head a ball go. Jo isn't a lead-the-line forward of the type MH is looking for in our 1 striker system, and he's struggled to adapt. In russia he played really as a second sriker by all accounts, and nothing I've seen of him has given the impression that he's strong in the air. So I see nothing wrong with letting him go; who knows, it may increase his market value so we can sell him in the summer.
As for bendtner - it may or may not be true. Frankly I wouldn't be too keen on him - remember all the trouble he's said to have caused in arsenal dressing room? MH has his reputation and his job riding on what's happened, and what he's done is at least principled. This time last year we ended up wasting money on caicedo and benjani - neither of whom are all that - just for the sake of bringing people in. MH hasn't wasted our money like that, and I value him for that. What he's got to do now is the old-fashioned way - working with what he's got on the training pitch. And if there's one thing MH has track record of, it's getting improvement out of strikers. So let's see what he manages with Sturridge, soon-to-be-fit Boj, and Bellamy.

Omiclops said:
He's fucking wank.

Don't rate him at all.

not denying he is wank, more the point that we had months to prepare for window and we had all our eggs in a Roque basket which left us without a targetman option which believe me WILL cost us points, as in Saturday, between now and the end of the season.

Nijinsky 88 said:
nino brown said:

And he wears pink boots, girl!

That too.

all I can picture when you mention Bendtner is Alan Hanson and Alan Shearr taking the piss out of him for the pink boots when we thumped Arsenal. glad we didn't get him if the story is true

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.