Benefit Street on Channel 4

salfordblues said:
What exactly are that big lass and fungi living off?

Presume she'll get something for the kids, they'll both get housing benefit and maybe £60 dole money each.

Is that the lot?

Unless any of them have any disabilities.. yeah

What made me laugh is this Fungi guy is meant to be at rock bottom but can still afford a smart phone?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnZ-mqV1LwU[/youtube]

White Dee doesn't seem to live a very exciting life, does she?

Channel 5 are showing a new programme 'the big benefit row' on Monday night. They are asking are benefits 'out of control?'

Just more propaganda!

When are we gonna have tax evasion row or pension row? These topics would be much more appropriate when you consider they cost the state a lot more than 'benefits'

I hate the term 'benefit'. It's 2014, having food, heating and a roof over your head should not be classed as a benefit

Blue Hefner said:
Channel 5 are showing a new programme 'the big benefit row' on Monday night. They are asking are benefits 'out of control?'

Just more propaganda!

When are we gonna have tax evasion row or pension row? These topics would be much more appropriate when you consider they cost the state a lot more than 'benefits'

I hate the term 'benefit'. It's 2014, having food, heating and a roof over your head should not be classed as a benefit

Agree mate

Too much talk about it.. it's ok for rich people but they would be the first ones who would want help if they needed it.

Malty said:
salfordblues said:

Presume she'll get something for the kids, they'll both get housing benefit and maybe £60 dole money each.

Is that the lot?

What made me laugh is this Fungi guy is meant to be at rock bottom but can still afford a smart phone?

That doesn't really look like a smart phone, though. The electrical goods thing is a bit of a red herring because it is more of a case of poor priorities than anything else. How else could these people have big TVs and scabby clothes and messy rooms. Who is to say that the phone Fungi has isn't pinched anyway? And the trouble is that this guy has zero prospect of employment now anyway- who wants to employ somebody convicted of armed robbery, with longstanding substance abuse issues?

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
Malty said:
salfordblues said:

Is that the lot?

That doesn't really look like a smart phone, though. The electrical goods thing is a bit of a red herring because it is more of a case of poor priorities than anything else. How else could these people have big TVs and scabby clothes and messy rooms. Who is to say that the phone Fungi has isn't pinched anyway? And the trouble is that this guy has zero prospect of employment now anyway- who wants to employ somebody convicted of armed robbery, with longstanding substance abuse issues?

sounds like a load of blues

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.