Benidorm (The place, not the TV show)

Taximania said:
blue underpants said:
Never been but there again I finished with Spain 30 odd years ago, I know loads who swear by it though, one ex workmate used to go 4 times a year and sometimes more if he made long weekends of it, he would say anyone who slags Benidorm off has never lived so it must have something going for it
Go with an open mind and avoid the tacky Sticky Viki type places if you think that's not your thing but you might get there and think I will give this a try and you enjoy it!
Denia about 40 mins drive away is nice, or it was last time I went there, probably been taken over by Russians now though like a lot of Spain

I wouldnt describe the great Vickie Leighton as tacky.
She is an illusionist of the highest calibre.
Well I sincerly hope she is otherwise how can you explain her making a model Eifel towe dissapear.

Its a holiday place where people go to have fun
It fits that criteria perfectly..
It does what it says on the tin.

I had look at a recommendation for Altea.
I would sooner set fire to my toes than go there.
Its dead with no soul.

I dont lke paella and squid butties but I do like sausauge and chips and liver and mash and sunday roasts.
I go to spain because its nice and sunny with lovely beaches.
You dont have to eat foreign food if you dont want to.
Its not compulsary in the Thomson brochure.

When we did Barcelona and stayed at htop callela most of the blues there ate proper food and were content.

Why not try a two seater mobility car.
Transport needs sorted for the week and no fuel bills as they are electric and you plug them in in the hotel foyer.
Go with the flow mate.
Let your hair down relax sing a few songs and when in Rome just do as the romans do.
I would love to see Vikis act, I have heard wonderous things about it, Christmas trees, knives, hatchets, flower pots and other sizeable things have all appeared out of her Lady Garden, I wouldn't find it tacky but No6 might, we don't know him so I can't speculate, who knows his lost wallet might be up Stickys flue waiting to come out!
I'm gonna mithr the Mrs to go for a week, not holding my breath though

mcmanus said:
Forget fucking Benidorm.

You are going on holiday with your ex and your ex mother-in-law.

Are you like sick for punishment?
Lol, my ex Mrs and her Mother fly around on broomsticks, I wouldn't sit in the same room as them never mind go on hols together

mancitymick said:
Been once, never again

I know how you feel. When you've been to a wonderful place and had a fantastic time you don't want to dilute those wonderful memories by going back a second time.

Evening all.

I'll be away in Benidorm for the Hull game on 27/9 @ 3.00 - any ideas on a decent bar where I can watch it ??

As ever, many thanks for the help.

Stayed there before we played Villareal and also went there last summer on a stag do. Hadn't been since I was a little kid

Wasn't expecting much and had heard all the scare stories about eastern europeans mugging brits at knifepoint

Had a great time both times and didn't have or hear of any trouble at all

bluesoul said:
Evening all.

I'll be away in Benidorm for the Hull game on 27/9 @ 3.00 - any ideas on a decent bar where I can watch it ??

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i6skRSLzrM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i6skRSLzrM</a>

bluesoul said:
Evening all.

Take a trip to Poniente beach - the quietest part of Benidorm. Great, clean beach. There's an English bar on Calle Santander/Av de Mont Benidorm (or used to be). Could also try La Cala just around the headland at the end of Poniente. The English bar in the corner shows games and decent food. That said it's 2 or 3 years since I went.

BimboBob said:
It's a fucking shit hole. Blackpool in the sun with added c**ts. Quite why anyone goes abroad and then eats and drinks in English themed pubs is beyond me.

This.

I thought the beaches were quite nice. But the area is horrid , full of stag groups and old people. Really odd mix. Would never go back again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.