Benidorm Work

I spent 6 years living & working in Gran Canaria up until 2010, only left because the island went downhill fast due to the global recession etc but while I was there for the full 6 years I worked for a man called Frank Kennedy, a Londoner who relocated to Gran Canaria via Dublin where he was an owner of a few radio stations. He set up a few more in Gran Canaria along with running a few bars & clubs, he's now set up full time in Benidorm & runs a bar called 'Champions' plus has more business interests there like Pub Crawls Booze Cruises AirsoftGames etc. he has a few Facebook pages, if you want pm me & ill mail you them plus put in a word for you as I speak regularly with him, he's always looking for staff. Bare in mind everything but the bar work that he has is commission based (I think) it used to be in Gran Can so I'm sure it is in Benidorm.

Have you considered working for a camping company like eurocamp or similar? You could apply as a couple but you might be too late for this year. My daughter is just starting her second year doing this for the summer in between uni, she loves it.

Why Benidorm?

I spent 4 seasons in Ibiza and I must say I still miss it to this day. Would recommend any young lad to go and try it.

Bin the missus and go on your own.

I had 4 months working in Benidorm in 1993 during the summer. Its certainly a young persons game. I fell lucky in that Sinatra's opened the week I got there. I worked on the door from 10pm til 4am and gave out flyers etc for 3 hours during afternoon. It was literally bed and work with no time off. I think they expect burn out and a constant turn over of staff with new people coming out. I found digs in one of the scruffy blocks of apartments at the top of the resort out the way, and I got paid daily and paid the rent every 2 days. It wasnt like you got settled there at all. There are people who live there more conventionally working and have proper tenancies etc, but they have full time jobs in bars or a couple of bars to make their hours up. Its hard work in the heat, and dont really expect to make any money or savings. If its permanent work you want, Id stay here to be honest. Its more suited to students in the summer or blokes escaping jail/CSA/taxman.

Rosler1985 said:
Why Benidorm?

I spent 4 seasons in Ibiza and I must say I still miss it to this day. Would recommend any young lad to go and try it.

No idea mate honestly. Shes got more money than me though so gonna spend hers and fuck off ;)<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:30 pm --<br /><br />
wayne71 said:
Have you considered working for a camping company like eurocamp or similar? You could apply as a couple but you might be too late for this year. My daughter is just starting her second year doing this for the summer in between uni, she loves it.

I havent mate, I'm new to all this. My job here is fucking shit so i havent got much to lose, if it all goes belly up then ive had a nice holiday for a bit!

Gstack166 said:
I spent 6 years living & working in Gran Canaria up until 2010, only left because the island went downhill fast due to the global recession etc but while I was there for the full 6 years I worked for a man called Frank Kennedy, a Londoner who relocated to Gran Canaria via Dublin where he was an owner of a few radio stations. He set up a few more in Gran Canaria along with running a few bars & clubs, he's now set up full time in Benidorm & runs a bar called 'Champions' plus has more business interests there like Pub Crawls Booze Cruises AirsoftGames etc. he has a few Facebook pages, if you want pm me & ill mail you them plus put in a word for you as I speak regularly with him, he's always looking for staff. Bare in mind everything but the bar work that he has is commission based (I think) it used to be in Gran Can so I'm sure it is in Benidorm.

i used to drink in champions bar when i was a teenager in benidorm, thats going back 30 years now.

they used to sell t-shirts with champions bar benidorm on then. i had one as a kid

he must have bought the bar as a going concern

Smelly Cnut said:
Rosler1985 said:
Why Benidorm?

No idea mate honestly. Shes got more money than me though so gonna spend hers and fuck off ;)

-- Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:30 pm --

wayne71 said:

I havent mate, I'm new to all this. My job here is fucking shit so i havent got much to lose, if it all goes belly up then ive had a nice holiday for a bit!
No mate, you wouldn't. Working abroad is absolutely not a holiday.

Uncle Wally One Ball said:
Smelly Cnut said:
Rosler1985 said:
Why Benidorm?

No idea mate honestly. Shes got more money than me though so gonna spend hers and fuck off ;)

-- Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:30 pm --

wayne71 said:

No mate, you wouldn't. Working abroad is absolutely not a holiday.

Yeah i didnt mean it as it sounded, I'll put the graft in and hopefully see a result

Have you not considered Oz? If your under 26 you can get a work visa no problem. I can guarantee you will get work if your not fussy in what you do. I think you will have a better chance of earning more money and have a better standard of living than in Spain with its current economic issues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.