Benjamin Mendy - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benn waiting since we signed him & still waiting
Well we signed him and then he got injured, it happens to professional sportsmen. You say you judge a player by what he does on the pitch, but in this case you appear to be making an exception by judging a player negatively by what he does off the pitch.

Well we signed him and then he got injured, it happens to professional sportsmen. You say you judge a player by what he does on the pitch, but in this case you appear to be making an exception by judging a player negatively by what he does off the pitch.
Legend was the term used to describe him, funny blokes on Twitter , paid a fortune & doing fuck all are not legends , he needs to get his head down and get back on the pitch to do what he’s paid to do , the guy seems to enjoy his injury time off far too much . Do you understand me now or do you think he’s a legend as well.

Legend was the term used to describe him, funny blokes on Twitter , paid a fortune & doing fuck all are not legends , he needs to get his head down and get back on the pitch to do what he’s paid to do , the guy seems to enjoy his injury time off far too much . Do you understand me now or do you think he’s a legend as well.

He was injured while playing for us for gods sake, are just to stop paying him? also I would wait till the Amazon doc before jumping down the lads throat for doing fuck all while injured as it will almost be definitely feature the gut wrenching work he had to put in.

In the squad for the US tour, though won't take part in the first game. Hopefully a pretty much full pre season behind he'll be raring to go

I don't think he's a legend because of his Social Media it doesn't bother me one way or the other, if it is keeping him and the squad in good spirits that is in my book an absolute positive thing a good team dynamic is beneficial and being positive generally enables anyone to achieve more in their job. I don't think he enjoys his injury time 'too much'. I have no means of actually knowing , I will judge him on his performances ultimately but certainly won't criticise him for enjoying himself unless it is something genuinely deleterious to his recovery like drinking too much or doing drugs.

He would I will point out come back from his ACL faster than most anticipated which kind of suggests that he took his recovery seriously.

Last edited:
Hopefully, he can have an injury free season. Delph has been exceptional this season and possibly is a better defender, but Mendy is obviously better going forward.

Let's hope we see him at his best this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.