Benjamin Mendy - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels like he has been here for ages but he hasn't played much so much settling in to do yet,but i love him already,when he gets the balance between attacking and defending right he will be a beast,we used to have Gael ffs ha

I love him but not just for the fact that he's funny and a brilliant left back. You can see that he genuinely loves playing for the club which is an invalueable asset imo. Hopefully our first choice left back for the next 7-8 years at least.

Some of it was, but lets not get carried away, he hit one out of play first bounce the other side, and had one great cross to Walker who was on the other touch line.

Also as a defender in the first half hour he did a good impression of a traffic cone, and left Otamendi totally exposed several times, he must have been the most relieved man in the stadium when he realised that Klopp had inexplicably taken off Salah at half time.

Party pooper.

Excellent delivery, a bit to do defensively still and he was blowing a bit at the end but put in a shift, a big lad.

What a fucking unit Benjamin is.

I didn't realise he is such a big lad; he's like Yaya, but with more pace.

Our left-hand side, with Ben and Leroy, is going to scare defenders shitless and give a lot of managers sleepless nights.

And what a brilliant crosser he is too. No wonder Pep was so keen to bring him to Etihad.

What a fucking unit Benjamin is.

I didn't realise he is such a big lad; he's like Yaya, but with more pace.
LOL, this.

At one point in the broadcast I looked at the screen and saw some huge City player, massive in stature - Wow! - I thought - I didn't realize Yaya was on.

It was actually Mendy!

I agree with Cleavers in that I actually thought he was a bit Kolarov like yesterday. Unbelievable quality of crosses going forward but got mullered a few times defensively and didn't look up to speed pace wise.

I'm putting it down to a general lack of fitness, without a full pre season and believe he will be a fantastic addition but I thought he was only OK yesterday and not worthy of Ian Wright's fulsome praise on MOTD, not that i generally take too much notice of what he's got to say anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.