Benjamin Mendy - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why people don't understand there's time to do both. I'm sure he's fully committed to getting fit. That doesn't mean he doesn't have plenty of spare time on his hands to use as he sees fit. Why does occasionally tweeting ruin his focus anymore than any of the other stuff professional footballers fill their time with? (Raising kids, playing FIFA non stop, taking out super injunctions).

Mendy doesn't even tweet everyday and when he does it's no more than three or four times. It's 2 mins out of his entire day.

On a match day he sometimes live tweets throughout the game, but I think an injured player engaging with the match and cheering his teammates on is a good thing no?

As others have pointed out, the club have cashed in on and marketed around his social media presence, so it can't be that much of a problem. The club itself is the source of lots of odd online content involving players.

Players can feel really cut off when nursing long term injuries. I think Mendy has shown a lot of togetherness with the rest of the squad and the fans during these long layoffs. I don't know why he gets so much shit for it.

I'm frustrated by the lack of game time he's had and also by the fact he hasn't totally convinced me yet. Blaming it on the fact he tweets now and again makes no sense at all though.

I don't do social media - and don't see the need .So my personal view as I have no idea about tweets etc- ok ?

If I were a professional footballer my main objective would be to be fit and healthy in order to perform regularly . After that, so long as it did not cause offence or bring problems for my employer ( always media whore led ) , then no problem. I believe that the club is regularly targeted by the rag/dipper loving scum out of pure jealousy , and use any opportunity as a form of attack.

And like you, I am frustrated that we have a player whose absence ( not his fault ) is causing real problems for the manager and team .

Also none of my comments have " given him shit " either.

Ah right, that was at the start of the season wasn't it that he said something along them lines and then as far as I understood it Mendy took heed and wasn't as active on social media.

If he has then great - if not it is a different issue .

I don't do " social media " .

I don't do social media - and don't see the need .So my personal view as I have no idea about tweets etc- ok ?

If I were a professional footballer my main objective would be to be fit and healthy in order to perform regularly . After that, so long as it did not cause offence or bring problems for my employer ( always media whore led ) , then no problem. I believe that the club is regularly targeted by the rag/dipper loving scum out of pure jealousy , and use any opportunity as a form of attack.

And like you, I am frustrated that we have a player whose absence ( not his fault ) is causing real problems for the manager and team .

Also none of my comments have " given him shit " either.

You're literally using social media right now. In your original post I replied to, you definitely seemed to be suggesting that he was more focused on social media than his recovery. All I'm saying is, him tweeting three or four times a day isn't proof of that. Footballers have leisure time the same as anybody else.

And when you say "if I were a professional footballer...." well that's the thing, you're not. And yet he is. And it took a of level focus, dedication and professionalism to get there that is probably beyond the comprehension of most of us on here.

Anybody any idea when he is going to be back. It was great to see him against Rotherham but now a dicky about him since? I can't see Pep dropping him for any reason other than he isn't ready to play yet?

Anybody any idea when he is going to be back. It was great to see him against Rotherham but now a dicky about him since? I can't see Pep dropping him for any reason other than he isn't ready to play yet?

Pre match Arsenal Pep said he took part in two training sessions. So I expect him to at least play a part against Everton, maybe even start and get subbed off early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.