Benjamin Mendy - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why he was on the bench if not fit enough to play?

It doesn't sound like he has reinjured himself at least. Pep has clearly lost a lot of faith in Mendy and isn't even hiding it now talking about signing a replacement and how the big players are always there.

Mendy is a good player and he was so important to how Pep wanted us to play. His injuries are not his fault but going to watch AJ box in London without permission was.

With Pep you are either a useful asset or nothing. I really hope Mendy grasps his next opportunity with both hands because I think it might be his last.

Delph is obviously history, and I feel one of Zinchenko or Mendy will leave this summer. I think we’d prefer it to be Mendy but there’s no way anyone will bid for him, so I see the left back target as being a Zinchenko/Delph replacement. Might need a right back too, because I can see Danilo looking to move on. If he can’t fully displace Walker even when he’s playing well and Walker’s not, then he’ll eventually twig that it might be a good idea to play elsewhere. Madness that we have to overhaul the full back areas again already, but needs must!

Shit happens.From all the brilliant signings we have made in recent seasons,one dud(albeit very expensive) isn't a bad ratio.

Get rid,put it down to misfortune,and move on.

I cant see Pep getting rid of Mendy, but if folk on here want to believe whats written in the gutter press, well that's there business.

Delph may go, but like iv said before hes on low wages and you need your water carriers. Imo we need a DM, LB who can cover several roles and a striker.

If we can sell him then do it. He's cost us a shit load and we've got little use out of him. 2 major injuries under his belt and we've got no natural left back apart from him.

Even when he plays, he's only good against certain teams and prone to being exposed by others. If you only have one left fullback you want him to comfortable to play against any opposition you come against.

If we receive anything above 30-35m then it's time to say goodbye IMO.

Delph is obviously history, and I feel one of Zinchenko or Mendy will leave this summer. I think we’d prefer it to be Mendy but there’s no way anyone will bid for him, so I see the left back target as being a Zinchenko/Delph replacement. Might need a right back too, because I can see Danilo looking to move on. If he can’t fully displace Walker even when he’s playing well and Walker’s not, then he’ll eventually twig that it might be a good idea to play elsewhere. Madness that we have to overhaul the full back areas again already, but needs must!

It will be Mendy and Chilwell imo...

Let’s not write Benjamin off just yet, horrid time but he’s young enough to turn it around and if he does we have a new dimension!

Huh since when is Delph history? Has pep mentioned anything about selling him? Pep could still keep him for competition for the lb spot.

Can’t have a squad where your 2 main left backs are the most permacrocked. Thank fuck we kept hold of Zinchenko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.