Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

Bringing the club into disrepute? I bet that’s in his conditions of service.

Sorry keep having random thoughts.

A little excited as I’m going to meet a GREAT ex-player this evening. :-)
Our very own Nedum Onuha is visiting us. ;-) :-)

I'd say that Kyle Walker has done just as much to bring the club into disrepute to be honest.
City were well aware of the accusations before Mendy was arrested, and he was still in the matchday squads as I recall.
I can't see how being cleared of all charges could possibly be considered to have tarnished the reputation of the club.

Have a great evening EB. Don't drink too much!

It's a totally different level of proof.

In court he was being tried for very serious offences, and would only be found guilty if the jury were absolutely sure - as in 99 or 100% sure.

To be suspended without pay, the offences most likely wouldn't need to be anything like as serious as rape. And more importantly, if it went to court, the club would only need to show they were 51% sure (and an employment lawyer would be able to confirm this, but it's even possible that they may have an even easier case - simply showing they followed the correct procedures when deciding to suspend him, and that what they did was reasonable in the circumstances).

Similarly with his accusers. In court, for him to be found guilty there had to be almost no doubt whatsoever. A jury could be pretty sure, or think a defendant is probably guilty, and still they'd have to find them not guilty, as they need to be certain - that 99/100% again. If he tried to sue his accusers, it would come down to two people telling their stories and then who was most believable.
So, you're saying the accused is the culprit in any scenario, even if he's innocent.

I'd say that Kyle Walker has done just as much to bring the club into disrepute to be honest.
Crucially though, he's never made himself unavailable for selection. If Mendy didn't follow all of the rules and found himself rearrested (which I've only heard on here, not checked) then arguably that it grounds for not paying him. Not bringing the club into disrepute though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.