Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

I would think the devil is in the details of his contract. If he is owed money, no doubt we pay. (I suspect hes asked for more than hes due, probably including his league winning bonuses). If its stated his unavailability for work due to arrest or incarceration excludes financial liability on suspension then he gets nowt.
If its not clear a court will decide what's fair. (Which appears to be where we are)
His legal advisors obviously believe he's due something but it's hard to have an opinion one way or another without knowledge of the employment contractual details apart from an opinion that he was a bit of a dick and put himself in positions where he could be exploited and allowed his penis to be his wand of morality.
Very good summation.

So, you're saying the accused is the culprit in any scenario, even if he's innocent.
Not at all.

I'm saying that just because someone is found not guilty in a criminal court case, it doesn't automatically follow that they will win a civil case. The level of proof required in a criminal court is rightly much, much higher, because sending people to prison is much more serious than dismissing them from a job.

It's also quite common for people to do things that aren't criminal offences, and yet still result in your pay being suspended, or you being dismissed.

So just because Mendy was found not guilty, doesn't automatically mean he has a right to the money City didn't pay him.

Another legal battle to follow, when i joined Bluemoon the last thing i expected was to be so well versed in the law.

We’ve got a lot of experts on here.

Epidemiologists, military strategists, Middle Eastern diplomats and now sports and criminal lawyers.

Who knew the City fanbase was so rich and diverse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.