Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

**** should give us money for all that cringey shark shite

God. Looking back at that now, I fucking hate(d) it!

Cheeky bastard suing us as well. Like we didn't continue to pay him for the months he was on the treatment table (as we should) until the accusations.

I can't imagine that we stopped paying him just because we thought he was a prick. I assume there was some sort of advice and legal process to it.

Breaking bail conditions on a crime he never committed.
That’s completely irrelevant. He applied for bail and it was granted with conditions, which he was lawfully subject to, irrespective of the outcome of the trial.

Bail is there to allow people who are accused of crimes to retain a degree of liberty, but conditions are imposed to further the interests of justice. It doesn’t work on the basis that the conditions only count if you’re convicted. How would that even work?

That’s completely irrelevant. He applied for bail and it was granted with conditions, which he was lawfully subject to, irrespective of the outcome of the trial.

Bail is there to allow people who are accused of crimes to retain a degree of liberty, but conditions are imposed to further the interests of justice. It doesn’t work on the basis that the conditions only count if you’re convicted. How would that even work?
If it was player still valued at £100 million and he'd broke bail Conditions and then found not guilty there'd be no tribunal today, That's for sure.

Not guilty isn't innocent.

Not innocent means a person is completely cleared of the accusation, often implying they didn’t commit the act. "Not guilty" means there's not enough evidence to convict them. The former asserts their innocence, the latter highlights the prosecution's failure to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. It's a subtle but crucial legal difference.

It's innocent until proven guilty, he wasn't found guilty therefore he's innocent. Not sure why that's a hard concept to understand. Any other view on it is wrong as it's the most basic bit of law around

Reputationaly I don’t think we had a choice, if we’d paid him up headlines would write themselves, at least if we fight it and lose it sends the right message

Reputationaly I don’t think we had a choice, if we’d paid him up headlines would write themselves, at least if we fight it and lose it sends the right message
it doesn't seem to bother Arsenal. I'd have been angry with City if they played him but we should have paid him. Just one of those things that you have to write off as a bad situation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.