Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

Not guilty isn't innocent.

Not innocent means a person is completely cleared of the accusation, often implying they didn’t commit the act. "Not guilty" means there's not enough evidence to convict them. The former asserts their innocence, the latter highlights the prosecution's failure to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. It's a subtle but crucial legal difference.
Same outcome though?

You can still be in breach of contract without breaking criminal law.
I know but surely City have got bigger fish to fry. They will settle anyway at some point. Just pay up his contract and move on. I presume the dispute is probably based on some bonus element rather than wages. City just need to make this go away. Not worth the legal fees. Employment tribunals are not worth the hassle in reputational terms for starters. We don’t need to reopen memories of Mendy at this point. Focus has to be on the 115

I know but surely City have got bigger fish to fry. They will settle anyway at some point. Just pay up his contract and move on. I presume the dispute is probably based on some bonus element rather than wages. City just need to make this go away. Not worth the legal fees. Employment tribunals are not worth the hassle in reputational terms for starters. We don’t need to reopen memories of Mendy at this point. Focus has to be on the 115
I agree it's very surprising that this has gone to tribunal, would normally be settled.

Sue this horrible **** for his transfer fee in retaliation. He took the piss from the first second he walked through the door the tubby unprofessional sex pest.

Same outcome though?
It can make a difference on appeal. If the appeal court is sceptical of the appellant’s innocence, they will err on the side of disallowing the appeal. Similarly in the application for compensation for wrongful imprisonment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.