Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

Got no problem with Mendy suing City for loss of wages, bonuses and image rights, he has to prove what his losses are, before he can go back to court to claim for damages of the court. I would not be surprised if he was not getting support of City, that they could not be seen to give during his trial.

And surrounded by parasites too. So not getting any decent advice.

The best professional advisers tell it to their clients how it is. Not many of them in the football world.

You'd think with all their money the first thing they would do is hire a very good financial/legal advisor recommended by the club. It won't stop them being a dick of course but it should ensure they don't end up a poor one.

Reading his comments, there is one glaring error on his part, none of the other players had been charged and bailed, so were free to do whatever they wanted (legal at the time or not). He had bail conditions that he breached, hence a judge took his liberty away, the judge has nothing to do with what other players were doing, that is on the police to deal with.

He comes across with those comments as even more stupid than he already had come across.

If City legitimately owe him money, then fine, pay him, but he was unable to work whilst on remand so he can fuck off on that part for me.

You'd think with all their money the first thing they would do is hire a very good financial/legal advisor recommended by the club. It won't stop them being a dick of course but it should ensure they don't end up a poor one.
It’s not that straightforward. A lot of these lads come from absolute poverty and tend to have a team around them that’s rode that wave. They are naturally suspicious of outsiders.

It’s not that straightforward. A lot of these lads come from absolute poverty and tend to have a team around them that’s rode that wave. They are naturally suspicious of outsiders.

Most clubs look after the players really well and I'd presume he had an agent as too. The majority of footballers come from a working class backgrounds. I'm the same but as much as I trusted mates I grew up with I wouldn't put them in charge of my finances. I do appreciate that lads that grew up in Africa and the like would have had it much tougher.

Reading his comments, there is one glaring error on his part, none of the other players had been charged and bailed, so were free to do whatever they wanted (legal at the time or not). He had bail conditions that he breached, hence a judge took his liberty away, the judge has nothing to do with what other players were doing, that is on the police to deal with.

He comes across with those comments as even more stupid than he already had come across.

If City legitimately owe him money, then fine, pay him, but he was unable to work whilst on remand so he can fuck off on that part for me.

It's been a couple of years now ( I think) so I would have thought City had paid up what legally they had to pay. If he thinks he's owed more he can challenge them of course, but given we have a top legal team I'd say to do so would be unwise. Mind you he doesn't come across as the sharpest tool in the box.

Most clubs look after the players really well and I'd presume he had an agent as too. The majority of footballers come from a working class backgrounds. I'm the same but as much as I trusted mates I grew up with I wouldn't put them in charge of my finances. I do appreciate that lads that grew up in Africa and the like would have had it much tougher.
Mendy grew up in France!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.