Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

You'd think with all their money the first thing they would do is hire a very good financial/legal advisor recommended by the club. It won't stop them being a dick of course but it should ensure they don't end up a poor one.
Im sure City try and tell their staff how to behave. We havent signed many dickheads to be fair, they seem to do their homework. What they do once they are employed is their issue I suppose, but credit where its due we havent had many or any cunts on the books since the takeover, Mendy aside. In fact Id go so far as to say we have a lovely squad of nice lads every season. Grealish was a potential prick, but he hasnt been at all and has flourished into a family man even. Our Phil could have been a knobhead judging by his mam, but has been a great person. Being around the most professional club in world football works and we work at them obviously. We give them every opportunity to be great people. If they choose to fuck that up it has to ultimately be a personal responsibility dont you think?

Im sure City try and tell their staff how to behave. We havent signed many dickheads to be fair, they seem to do their homework. What they do once they are employed is their issue I suppose, but credit where its due we havent had many or any cunts on the books since the takeover, Mendy aside. In fact Id go so far as to say we have a lovely squad of nice lads every season. Grealish was a potential prick, but he hasnt been at all and has flourished into a family man even. Our Phil could have been a knobhead judging by his mam, but has been a great person. Being around the most professional club in world football works and we work at them obviously. We give them every opportunity to be great people. If they choose to fuck that up it has to ultimately be a personal responsibility dont you think?

Absolutely. I was more talking about managing the financial side not their behaviour as somebody said he owed the taxman money I think.
The only other one who's been a bit of a dick... literally...has been Walker.

Not really, he was arrested then charged, that's simple, he was then bailed with conditions, that's also simple, and at that stage City were right to suspend him (but presumably still being paid), as the charges were serious.

I don't know what those bail conditions were, but he breached them (more than once if I remember correctly), and eventually the judge decided to remand him to prison. So all of that bit is purely on him, and as GDM says above, you only have to do what you're told, and you keep your liberty (and your pay), he didn't so the consequence was that his liberty was removed, and at that point he becomes "unavailable" for work, regardless of whether he's suspended or not, and that can't possibly be City's problem, no matter the final outcome of the case.

Bonuses will be dependant on the contract he signed, personally I think if you can't contribute through your own actions, then you shouldn't be entitled to the bonus.
what are you going on about? The bail conditions said he wasn't allowed inside Greater Manchester, that's when city stopped paying him as he couldn't even train never mind play a game.

We must have grounds against him not actually being a footballer! Lying on his CV and masquerading as a full back.

Dragging City through the shit because he wants paid. How about he not get locked up and accused in the first place now he is bringing charges and other players into the discussion. Awful player and an awful person. Shame he ever got to wear blue.

We must have grounds against him not actually being a footballer! Lying on his CV and masquerading as a full back.

Dragging City through the shit because he wants paid. How about he not get locked up and accused in the first place now he is bringing charges and other players into the discussion. Awful player and an awful person. Shame he ever got to wear blue.
In fairness to him he looked quality at Monaco & I was delighted when we signed him, what a disaster he turned out to be, we don’t get that many wrong but he’s one of the biggest

It's been a couple of years now ( I think) so I would have thought City had paid up what legally they had to pay. If he thinks he's owed more he can challenge them of course, but given we have a top legal team I'd say to do so would be unwise. Mind you he doesn't come across as the sharpest tool in the box.
Realised he was one player short of a subbeteo set When he pegged it down the wet slippery touchline to celebrate a goal just after major knee surgery

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.