Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

Interesting. Most of us have assumed he was guilty because there were so many accusers and in the era of Me Too we also assumed this would be a slam dunk conviction. The jury, having heard the evidence, found Mendy Not Guilty but still there are those who insist that does not make him innocent. Would you want to be treated that way if found Not Guilty?

Anyone seen Jodie Comer in "Prima Facie"? She won the Olivier award in the West End and a Tony on B'way. Gripping stuff, a one-woman play, the story of a brilliant courtroom barrister who repeatedly wins her cases by demolishing prosecution evidence in rape cases and subjecting the female victims to withering cross-examination. Then when she herself is raped she has to suffer the kind of ordeal the women whose (accused) rapists she'd successfully defended had gone through - three years waiting for the guy to come to trial, then a defence lawyer as good as she had been taking her apart in the witness box.
Best drama I've seen in years, with the plainly spoken message from both playwright and actress that women who bring accusations of rape to court probably won't get justice.

Anyone seen Jodie Comer in "Prima Facie"? She won the Olivier award in the West End and a Tony on B'way. Gripping stuff, a one-woman play, the story of a brilliant courtroom barrister who repeatedly wins her cases by demolishing prosecution evidence in rape cases and subjecting the female victims to withering cross-examination. Then when she herself is raped she has to suffer the kind of ordeal the women whose rapists she'd successfully defended had gone through - three years waiting for the guy to come to trial, then a defence lawyer as good as she had been taking her apart in the witness box.
Best drama I've seen in years, with the plainly spoken message from both playwright and actress that women who bring accusations of rape to court probably won't get justice.

You do realise it wasn't a documentary

You do realise it wasn't a documentary
The playwright wrote it from her long experience of seeing dozens of women come to court and get treated by the legal system in ways akin to what had allegedly been done to them already.
Right, it's a polemic not a documentary; it's also a persuasive one.

Last edited:
View attachment 86413

I cant help but feel the club will be issuing messages tonight to stop them commenting on these things.

Braindead footballers, none of which even knew him, including Depay. I get that English isn't his native language but the grammar and spelling in that post is shocking.

That murderer Marcos Alonso has some neck commenting on it too. He got off on a murder charge due to having a rich daddy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.