Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, as far as Mendy is concerned, it looks as though City will have to contribute around €10m more to complete the deal.

Meanwhile Bertrand looks like a secondary alternative if negotiations with Monaco collapse.

In the meantime, I've copied and pasted a post from a French guy on a Juventus forum which supplies a lot of interesting information about the situation in France. Some of it mentions a couple of players linked to us. It is a long read- but well worth it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

Newbie on Juventuz here, French also. Got interested in Juve when Pogba was there. Followed the club since, but mainly focusing in watching the French League games, and what happens during the Mercato here in France.

I read this forum for a long time now, and thought I could share some insights of what can happen this year since it seems the big leagues are very interested in players from the French league (like every year, but even more this summer because Monaco reached the CL semi-finals)

Hope people won't mind, here it is anyways.

I didn't see any mention of it from what I read here, but you guys should understand that there's no release clause in contracts in France. It's forbidden to have any of those, and even if some clubs pretend that they have some, said clauses are not recognized by the french LFP (one of the reason said clauses doesn't exist is also linked to the French Labor Law related to the fixed-term contracts)

Therefore, when you hear that Fabinho from Monaco has a 50M euros release clause, or that Seri from Nice has a 40M release clause, it can only be Gentlemen agreements between their clubs, and the players' agents. Meaning that neither Monaco or Nice are tied to it. If they don't want to sell Fabinho to said, PSG, even if PSG offers 50M, they have the right to refuse, and no one can do anything about it.

While it can sound bad, it actually helps some french clubs in keeping their best players. We are actually talking mainly about PSG here. No PSG player has any release clause, meaning that if any foreign journalists or medias pretend that verratti or rabiot have a release clause, it's false, misinformation or plain lies. Also above that, PSG's president said many times that he is against any gentlemen agreements of this kind (Donato Di Campli tried hard to reach a gentlemen agreement last year about a release clause for Verratti. PSG's president didn't give in, and so Verratti has no release clause at all.).

Now let's talk about how the big french Clubs react to the mercato:

- Nice. Nice has no urgent need for money, but ultimately they are a selling club. If somebody opens the door and offers +40M for seri (for example), they'll sell. They also have a very nice board that has no big grudge against anyone (besides the rivalry between clubs from the same region of course, but even so, they will not say No to a big offer from Marseille if it ever comes to that). They are trying to become bigger, and so are also trying to keep their best players, so they will only listen to big offers.

- Monaco. They have no need for money this year. Despite an awful empty stadium that doesn't earn them much money, they did well, and really are in no need of money. Despite that, their board never hid that they are also a selling club if two conditions are met: 1, A big offer. 2, A player that wants to leave. A few days ago, their vice-president said it again, "we will no go against a player's will. If somebody wants to leave, we will listen. But it doesn't mean we will accept any offer". Like Nice, they are also trying to keep their best players by offering them new contracts, or via their agents. For example, so far, they seem to have succeeded about Mbappé who wants to stay one more year. Also, their board wants to avoid selling players to PSG. So while PSG is very interested in Mbappé or Fabinho, it would take a gigantic offer to make them budge. So far they plan to sell only a maximum of 4 of their main players this summer. Bernardo already left, so now it's 3.

- PSG. No wild card here, PSG's board doesn't want to sell any of their main players, and they are incredibly hard to deal with, which is seen as a problem by some people (some players agent by example), and their President is totally capable to refuse any offer, or change his mind at will. Remember the Matuidi's fiasco. The main change this summer is that they got a new Director of Football (Antero Henrique), and he asked, and obtained all rights to deal with PSG's players, and staff management. He's already clashing with PSG's president because of that
lol.gif
, because Nasser seems to like playing to Real Life Football Manager. For example, he had a done deal to buy Aubameyang, but Henrique said "hell no. I don't recognize any agreement you've done before I arrived. And I don't want Aubameyang". If it wasn't for him, the deal would be official already. That doesn't mean he will not change his mind, but he prefers to chase other players for now, and will deal with Dortmund himself if he changes his mind about Aubameyang. LeParisien revealed today that PSG plans to spend as much as 220M euros during the summer+winter mercatos without having the need to sell any player.

Which leads to what you are interested here in what's possible this summer for Juve (I don't mean miracles can't happen, but let's be realistic for now)

- Fabinho could happen, but Juve would not be the only club chasing him. It's up to Beppe to convince him. Monaco won't block this move if they think the fee is right, and if the player is ok with it. Remember that the 50M release clause is still a rumor, not a fact, and that said clause can't be bind to a player's contract in France.

- Lemar. Could be sold too. Monaco's board doesn't do the same as they are doing with Mbappe. No reason they would refuse a big offer. That said, Vasilyev, and Jardim like the player a lot. Could still renew if no incredible offer are made from big clubs.

- Bakayoko. Could be sold. Arguably the less talented player for Monaco's star. Also can have a bad tongue. PSG wanted to start discussion, and he said "in the medias" that he don't plan to join a club that is ranked behind Monaco. Kind of a stupid comment because he seemed confident that he would get a ton of offers, which actually didn't happen. Since then, he seems to shut the f... up, which is better for his career.

- Falcao. Renewed till 2020. Not on the market unless Monaco gets an incredible offer.

- Mendy. Everyone here thinks he will be sold. Prolly one of Monaco's players that got the most offers. Still didn't choose where he wanna go. He will probably not be in Monaco for long tho. Also,, Monaco wants a very big offer. And they refused a lot so far (for example, City tried, City failed).

- Seri. Same as above but easier to get.

- Verratti is a no go. Unless something really bad happens in Qatar, and they starts selling PSG's assets, no club should expect verratti to move:

1) Verratti likes PSG, and Paris, and won't force a move. When Spanish Sport expects him to force a move, they are 100% lying. Even Di Campli said he won't go against PSG.

2) Verratti is bound to PSG till 2021 (in France, a contract can't be longer than 5 years (if you're wondering why he didn't sign for more), hence why PSG renews Verratti's contract every year (sometimes twice a year). PSG's also plan to renew him again till 2022 this summer), so verratti's agent has no leverage here.

3) While Henrique can now decide who to buy/sell, there's no reason he would sell PSG's best player. And still, PSG's president can still start a ruckus, and block any transfer he doesn't like.

4) Do not believe foreign medias rumors. We have a few individuals in France that are close to people from PSG, and there is 0 report that PSG left any open door about Verratti. If that changes, you will hear about it from medias like LEquipe, LeParisien, or CulturePSG. Don't waste your time with spanish, or english press. They know nothing.

- Aurier. Henrique, and Emery want to sell him. PSG's president doesn't want to. So far, the situation is that if Henrique find a replacement, Aurier will probably be sold. If not, they will keep him.

- Marquinhos. Contract lasts by 2019. While it sounds good... His agent tried hard to find a way for him to get "at least" the right to starts a discussion about him being sold. So far PSG refused any kind of transfer discussion. If Marquinhos still didn't renew, it's mainly Kluivert's fault. Kluivert messed up with almost anything he has done so far at PSG. Since then, Nasser did the job alone, and given what marquinhos said in LeParisien a few weeks ago. He will be a PSG player next year, and will probably get a new contract with the club. On that, Henrique, and Nasser seems to get along. No one at PSG want to sell Marquinhos. Therefore, they threw away all the offers they got, mainly from the two manchester teams, and Barcelone.

- Cavani. Renewed recently. Won't leave.

- Thiago Silva, same as above.

- Kimpembe. He wants to be a PSG's player. PSG is not selling him anyways.

- Rabiot, same situation as Marquinhos. Seems to want to stay despite being less vocal than Marquinhos. Also said he plans to be PSG's captain one day.

- Di Maria. PSG wans't planning to keep him, but they changed their mind after the last few months of the season. Solid rumors spread that they had a deal with Mendes about a gigantic offer from China, but in the end, PSG changed its mind. From recent infos, he isn't on the market. Will rely any infos if it changes.

If you are interested in informations from French medias, I can provide them when I have the time. If you want me to cross-check rumors/infos with what is reported in France, PM me. If you are interested in a player's situation in the French League, I can also provide them if you need any.

Last edited:
From the sounds of the Pod it looks like a £30-35m fee is more likely than the rumoured £40m one.

So, as far as Mendy is concerned, it looks as though City will have to contribute around €10m more to complete the deal.

Meanwhile Bertrand looks like a secondary alternative if negotiations with Monaco collapse.

In the meantime, I've copied and pasted a post from a French guy on a Juventus forum which supplies a lot of interesting information about the situation in France. Some of it mentions a couple of players linked to us. It is a long read- but well worth it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

Newbie on Juventuz here, French also. Got interested in Juve when Pogba was there. Followed the club since, but mainly focusing in watching the French League games, and what happens during the Mercato here in France.

I read this forum for a long time now, and thought I could share some insights of what can happen this year since it seems the big leagues are very interested in players from the French league (like every year, but even more this summer because Monaco reached the CL semi-finals)

Hope people won't mind, here it is anyways.

I didn't see any mention of it from what I read here, but you guys should understand that there's no release clause in contracts in France. It's forbidden to have any of those, and even if some clubs pretend that they have some, said clauses are not recognized by the french LFP (one of the reason said clauses doesn't exist is also linked to the French Labor Law related to the fixed-term contracts)

Therefore, when you hear that Fabinho from Monaco has a 50M euros release clause, or that Seri from Nice has a 40M release clause, it can only be Gentlemen agreements between their clubs, and the players' agents. Meaning that neither Monaco or Nice are tied to it. If they don't want to sell Fabinho to said, PSG, even if PSG offers 50M, they have the right to refuse, and no one can do anything about it.

While it can sound bad, it actually helps some french clubs in keeping their best players. We are actually talking mainly about PSG here. No PSG player has any release clause, meaning that if any foreign journalists or medias pretend that verratti or rabiot have a release clause, it's false, misinformation or plain lies. Also above that, PSG's president said many times that he is against any gentlemen agreements of this kind (Donato Di Campli tried hard to reach a gentlemen agreement last year about a release clause for Verratti. PSG's president didn't give in, and so Verratti has no release clause at all.).

Now let's talk about how the big french Clubs react to the mercato:

- Nice. Nice has no urgent need for money, but ultimately they are a selling club. If somebody opens the door and offers +40M for seri (for example), they'll sell. They also have a very nice board that has no big grudge against anyone (besides the rivalry between clubs from the same region of course, but even so, they will not say No to a big offer from Marseille if it ever comes to that). They are trying to become bigger, and so are also trying to keep their best players, so they will only listen to big offers.

- Monaco. They have no need for money this year. Despite an awful empty stadium that doesn't earn them much money, they did well, and really are in no need of money. Despite that, their board never hid that they are also a selling club if two conditions are met: 1, A big offer. 2, A player that wants to leave. A few days ago, their vice-president said it again, "we will no go against a player's will. If somebody wants to leave, we will listen. But it doesn't mean we will accept any offer". Like Nice, they are also trying to keep their best players by offering them new contracts, or via their agents. For example, so far, they seem to have succeeded about Mbappé who wants to stay one more year. Also, their board wants to avoid selling players to PSG. So while PSG is very interested in Mbappé or Fabinho, it would take a gigantic offer to make them budge. So far they plan to sell only a maximum of 4 of their main players this summer. Bernardo already left, so now it's 3.

- PSG. No wild card here, PSG's board doesn't want to sell any of their main players, and they are incredibly hard to deal with, which is seen as a problem by some people (some players agent by example), and their President is totally capable to refuse any offer, or change his mind at will. Remember the Matuidi's fiasco. The main change this summer is that they got a new Director of Football (Antero Henrique), and he asked, and obtained all rights to deal with PSG's players, and staff management. He's already clashing with PSG's president because of that
lol.gif
, because Nasser seems to like playing to Real Life Football Manager. For example, he had a done deal to buy Aubameyang, but Henrique said "hell no. I don't recognize any agreement you've done before I arrived. And I don't want Aubameyang". If it wasn't for him, the deal would be official already. That doesn't mean he will not change his mind, but he prefers to chase other players for now, and will deal with Dortmund himself if he changes his mind about Aubameyang. LeParisien revealed today that PSG plans to spend as much as 220M euros during the summer+winter mercatos without having the need to sell any player.

Which leads to what you are interested here in what's possible this summer for Juve (I don't mean miracles can't happen, but let's be realistic for now)

- Fabinho could happen, but Juve would not be the only club chasing him. It's up to Beppe to convince him. Monaco won't block this move if they think the fee is right, and if the player is ok with it. Remember that the 50M release clause is still a rumor, not a fact, and that said clause can't be bind to a player's contract in France.

- Lemar. Could be sold too. Monaco's board doesn't do the same as they are doing with Mbappe. No reason they would refuse a big offer. That said, Vasilyev, and Jardim like the player a lot. Could still renew if no incredible offer are made from big clubs.

- Bakayoko. Could be sold. Arguably the less talented player for Monaco's star. Also can have a bad tongue. PSG wanted to start discussion, and he said "in the medias" that he don't plan to join a club that is ranked behind Monaco. Kind of a stupid comment because he seemed confident that he would get a ton of offers, which actually didn't happen. Since then, he seems to shut the f... up, which is better for his career.

- Falcao. Renewed till 2020. Not on the market unless Monaco gets an incredible offer.

- Mendy. Everyone here thinks he will be sold. Prolly one of Monaco's players that got the most offers. Still didn't choose where he wanna go. He will probably not be in Monaco for long tho. Also,, Monaco wants a very big offer. And they refused a lot so far (for example, City tried, City failed).

- Seri. Same as above but easier to get.

- Verratti is a no go. Unless something really bad happens in Qatar, and they starts selling PSG's assets, no club should expect verratti to move:

1) Verratti likes PSG, and Paris, and won't force a move. When Spanish Sport expects him to force a move, they are 100% lying. Even Di Campli said he won't go against PSG.

2) Verratti is bound to PSG till 2021 (in France, a contract can't be longer than 5 years (if you're wondering why he didn't sign for more), hence why PSG renews Verratti's contract every year (sometimes twice a year). PSG's also plan to renew him again till 2022 this summer), so verratti's agent has no leverage here.

3) While Henrique can now decide who to buy/sell, there's no reason he would sell PSG's best player. And still, PSG's president can still start a ruckus, and block any transfer he doesn't like.

4) Do not believe foreign medias rumors. We have a few individuals in France that are close to people from PSG, and there is 0 report that PSG left any open door about Verratti. If that changes, you will hear about it from medias like LEquipe, LeParisien, or CulturePSG. Don't waste your time with spanish, or english press. They know nothing.

- Aurier. Henrique, and Emery want to sell him. PSG's president doesn't want to. So far, the situation is that if Henrique find a replacement, Aurier will probably be sold. If not, they will keep him.

- Marquinhos. Contract lasts by 2019. While it sounds good... His agent tried hard to find a way for him to get "at least" the right to starts a discussion about him being sold. So far PSG refused any kind of transfer discussion. If Marquinhos still didn't renew, it's mainly Kluivert's fault. Kluivert messed up with almost anything he has done so far at PSG. Since then, Nasser did the job alone, and given what marquinhos said in LeParisien a few weeks ago. He will be a PSG player next year, and will probably get a new contract with the club. On that, Henrique, and Nasser seems to get along. No one at PSG want to sell Marquinhos. Therefore, they threw away all the offers they got, mainly from the two manchester teams, and Barcelone.

- Cavani. Renewed recently. Won't leave.

- Thiago Silva, same as above.

- Kimpembe. He wants to be a PSG's player. PSG is not selling him anyways.

- Rabiot, same situation as Marquinhos. Seems to want to stay despite being less vocal than Marquinhos. Also said he plans to be PSG's captain one day.

- Di Maria. PSG wans't planning to keep him, but they changed their mind after the last few months of the season. Solid rumors spread that they had a deal with Mendes about a gigantic offer from China, but in the end, PSG changed its mind. From recent infos, he isn't on the market. Will rely any infos if it changes.

If you are interested in informations from French medias, I can provide them when I have the time. If you want me to cross-check rumors/infos with what is reported in France, PM me. If you are interested in a player's situation in the French League, I can also provide them if you need any.

Thanks for that, interesting read. I wonder if that is the @Afrenchguy that posted on BM until he got banned. Hopefully @Ric will reinstate him when he returns from holiday. Have you got a link to the forum please?

What was the general feeling ref this potential transfer Sean please.

People in France think it's done. Mendy has told everyone he's going to City. Just a matter of haggling the fee, with Monaco optimistically asking for £40m but likely to end up closer to £30m.

People in France think it's done. Mendy has told everyone he's going to City. Just a matter of haggling the fee, with Monaco optimistically asking for £40m but likely to end up closer to £30m.
Can't believe we are still haggling over 10m, we are in this position cause we didn't plan well enough to not be in with no full backs on the roster (bar Kolarov), we have no bargaining position, Monaco know this, they can say 50m take it or leave it and what can we do, go hat in hand to Southampton and hope they don't bend us over for Bertrand, pay the money and get it done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.