Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, really hope he gets here this week. Behind Ederson, who thankfully we now have, Mendy is the signing I'm most looking forward to. A big, intimidating machine to deliver some great crosses! Having fresh fullbacks is going to be immense.

I get the feeling Monaco were planning to keep Mendy at the start of the summer, so it will likely take a very good offer to help them change their mind. Still a long time left in the transfer window but its been reported a few times that we wanted 2-5 more signings (after Ederson) to be here before the US tour.....if that doesnt happen, it will seem clear (if reports were true) that everything is not going to plan. I'm hoping for a big push to get some deals over the line this week...

The club must be wondering whether they can get Sandro for the sort of stupid money Monaco seem to be demanding for Mendy

it makes sense for Monaco to delay any more outgoings for as long as possible so long as it doesn't effect them bringing others in and getting them a good pre-season. There's a lot of teams after a lot of their players, Mendy,Sidibe,Fabinho,Bakayoko,Lemar and Mbappe are all heavily linked with moves away on top of who they've already sold, and i've probably missed a few.

Monaco's entire plan is to sell to sustain but losing 7/8 of their starting 11 after winning the title is too much for anybody. If they sell Mendy and someone like Bakayoko to Chelsea it gives encouragement to the clubs lurking around the other players and potentially has those players that remain questioning whether they should also leave. The less time between them being seen to be selling their assets and the window closing the more chance they've got of keeping the ones they want to keep this summer.

As long as we were confident we had the deal in place with the player, there's been no reason for either side to push through this transfer so far. Now that pre-season is upon both teams though, it's time to get this done. I expect a few signings this week, Alves and Mendy for sure, hopefully more. We'll be able to tell which of our targets we have a problem with getting if they're not signed before we fly to America.

it makes sense for Monaco to delay any more outgoings for as long as possible so long as it doesn't effect them bringing others in and getting them a good pre-season. There's a lot of teams after a lot of their players, Mendy,Sidibe,Fabinho,Bakayoko,Lemar and Mbappe are all heavily linked with moves away on top of who they've already sold, and i've probably missed a few.

Monaco's entire plan is to sell to sustain but losing 7/8 of their starting 11 after winning the title is too much for anybody. If they sell Mendy and someone like Bakayoko to Chelsea it gives encouragement to the clubs lurking around the other players and potentially has those players that remain questioning whether they should also leave. The less time between them being seen to be selling their assets and the window closing the more chance they've got of keeping the ones they want to keep this summer.

As long as we were confident we had the deal in place with the player, there's been no reason for either side to push through this transfer so far. Now that pre-season is upon both teams though, it's time to get this done. I expect a few signings this week, Alves and Mendy for sure, hopefully more. We'll be able to tell which of our targets we have a problem with getting if they're not signed before we fly to America.

The thing is they already bout in others to replace Mendy. They have Kongolo + Jorge at the position.

This whole saga I hope is wrapped up this week and we have our new LB for the next 4+ years.

Maybe, just maybe we are negotiating a double deal with Monaco.

Mendy and Mpabbe? the speculation regarding the latter has gone very, very quite over the last 10 days...

I get the feeling Monaco were planning to keep Mendy at the start of the summer, so it will likely take a very good offer to help them change their mind. Still a long time left in the transfer window but its been reported a few times that we wanted 2-5 more signings (after Ederson) to be here before the US tour.....if that doesnt happen, it will seem clear (if reports were true) that everything is not going to plan. I'm hoping for a big push to get some deals over the line this week...

Didn't we have all this when KDB returned to training and actually played part in a friendly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.