Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
His injury record is concerning. 4 injuries in a year missing tons of games and one of them he did his cruciate ligament...I've read you're never really as fast or agile after that injury as you were before but he still looks quick. Hope he isn't a sick note. I also worry about his nasty streak.

He is apparently also notorious for going to training late all the time.

Technically, Gaya at Valecia looks more of Pep's fullback to me.

I look at Mendy and Walker and think both wouldn't usually - you would have thought - be Pep style fullbacks, however for me this is a sign of Guardiola adapting to the Premier League.

He will want lots of technical players but you also need a bit of brawn added to that technique with certain players in England, especially defensive players.

Mendy isn't technically awful though, neither is Walker, but both probably rely on their physical attributes more so than anything else.

Mendy's delivery into the box is outstanding.

He's technically great for a fullback. His touches are clean and he is a good dribbler. He will be very different from Clichy who would pass it back in a crossing position. This guy delivers a million crosses of various types per game and is not afraid to attack the box.
Okay so Gaya is more technical, but Gaya does not have his height, pace, power and aggression.

I look at Mendy and Walker and think both wouldn't usually - you would have thought - be Pep style fullbacks, however for me this is a sign of Guardiola adapting to the Premier League.

He will want lots of technical players but you also need a bit of brawn added to that technique with certain players in England, especially defensive players.

Mendy isn't technically awful though, neither is Walker, but both probably rely on their physical attributes more so than anything else.

Mendy's delivery into the box is outstanding.

Agree! We seem to have ditched the inverted FBs. Both Walker & mendy are fast and physical. They will both get up & down. Makes you wonder about taking the space off someone like Sane. With B silva on the right he can cut in for walker to overlap. Not sure that is sane's game

Agree! We seem to have ditched the inverted FBs. Both Walker & mendy are fast and physical. They will both get up & down. Makes you wonder about taking the space off someone like Sane. With B silva on the right he can cut in for walker to overlap. Not sure that is sane's game
Well that was Sane's game on the right before Pep honed in on his classic winger abilities because Sterling was poor on the left. And besides the full back can always overlap on the interior....nearly every game this season, the fullback has sometimes overlapped on the inside while the winger was in a wider position.

Well that was Sane's game on the right before Pep honed in on his classic winger abilities because Sterling was poor on the left. And besides the full back can always overlap on the interior....nearly every game this season, the fullback has sometimes overlapped on the inside while the winger was in a wider position.

I'm sure Pep will bring both of them on in terms of positioning & runs inside. If we can get both deals done early. A full pre season would be immense

utd will struggle to finish in top 4 for the foreseeable future and won't qualify past the group stages of the champions league next season, regardless of who they buy in the summer.

moanrinho will leave them in the shit after the 3rd season. Nailed on.

Deep down thier fans don't know what the f@ck thier long term strategy/identity is anymore (but he's a tactical genius...) and if they tell you they are happy being served up the shite they are and will be given over the next two years then they are lying through thier back teeth.

Bring it on.
This 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.