Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he suggest mid way through the season that he had to rethink his ideas as other teams were happy to forgo possession and look to go aerially.
He mentioned it was impossible to control the game as he'd hoped due to the amount of time the ball is in the air.

Yes.

Also recently he's kind of hinted that although he flatly refuses to change the way he plays, he has to adapt. I often refer to Mancini, who I think was actually traumatised by his first visit to Pulis' Stoke.

Next season even Joe Royle was talking about what a 'big' side City were.

Yes.

Also recently he's kind of hinted that although he flatly refuses to change the way he plays, he has to adapt. I often refer to Mancini, who I think was actually traumatised by his first visit to Pulis' Stoke.

Next season even Joe Royle was talking about what a 'big' side City were.

As purists we don't like it. I remember Mancini being asked how he'd deal with the Delap throw the week before we played Stoke, he said along the lines of, I'll expect my keeper to catch it. Given was our keeper at the time. As you say, he was surprised by England. I don't like it, but blood and thunder, up and under and physical size have long been a part of the PL.
Mancini knew it, Ferguson knew it, Mourinho knows it, in this league you need a few big aggressive players. The key is finding one that can be aggressive and powerful, but can play a bit.

he's a big lad and maybe pep will play in a 3 at the back with him but again multi roles down that side
but its a big fee if reports are right but the market is always the case with manchester city and you can name your price

the new signing are getting done fast i can understand the thinking and pep wants a full pre-season with the squad and no late comers jsy can the job done and fly at the start of the season. for me a full pre-season is key to any good season and get players fully fit and gel together and setting them down

but with what's gone on already am wanting august to come right now forget the summer i need football

A few people mentioned earlier in the thread they thought they'd seen Mendy at the CFA in the background of a Snapchat story. Has anyone got a screen shot of this?

I think Mendy will be ideal for us. Fast as fuck, 6'1, strong, and delivers an unbelievable cross. Can't remember seeing a full back with a better cross. We've been saying for years if you combine the best attributes of Kolarov and Clichy you'd have a world class full back, Mendy looks like exactly that player.

As purists we don't like it. I remember Mancini being asked how he'd deal with the Delap throw the week before we played Stoke, he said along the lines of, I'll expect my keeper to catch it. Given was our keeper at the time. As you say, he was surprised by England. I don't like it, but blood and thunder, up and under and physical size have long been a part of the PL.
Mancini knew it, Ferguson knew it, Mourinho knows it, in this league you need a few big aggressive players. The key is finding one that can be aggressive and powerful, but can play a bit.

And although some would take the piss on this fact, Pep & Pulis get on like a house on fire, Pep is more receptive to advice than most people & I doubt the advice he has been getting from most UK football people is 'it'll be fine, just carry on as you are'. They will all be telling him the same thing.

A physical, fast team playing Pep football, would be a new thing again & give the whole world, a whole world of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.