Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypothetical... Say he wanted 23, in fact insisted he'd only join if given the 23 number. What would we do? The club I mean, not the fans. The fans wouldn't allow it I'm sure as we understand, but nobody at the club was here then & do they truly get it? Be an interesting time if that became a deal breaker. Thoughts?
No biggie!
Just give him 23 and have him wear inside out.

Hypothetical... Say he wanted 23, in fact insisted he'd only join if given the 23 number. What would we do? The club I mean, not the fans. The fans wouldn't allow it I'm sure as we understand, but nobody at the club was here then & do they truly get it? Be an interesting time if that became a deal breaker. Thoughts?

The club won't give him the number so they won't sign him he doesn't wanna change there are plenty of people at the club that know the importance of it.

I don't think the Club would allow it either. You don't need to have been around when it happened to understand the importance and meaning behind retiring a number.

I don't think the Club would allow it either. You don't need to have been around when it happened to understand the importance and meaning behind retiring a number.

Shouldn't we just hold fire here!
In danger of damning the lad about something that might not even be an issue.
Where has this story come from?

I'm 39 I was around! I understand, my point was nobody at the club at that time of any significance was though.

Simply the club wouldn't allow it.

It's pointless even thinking about it though as he wore number 3 for France like he will here

For the record, I've been a season card holder for 30 years & blue for 39! I've seen everything in that time. My post was in relation to the one I quoted.. I just proposed the idea to judge reaction of what we would do in that situation. My personal view would be "thank you Mr Mendy but it's far to important to the club to give you that number. It's retired for a reason. We wish you all the luck but we're out" I'd walk away. But it does pose an interesting question on what the club would do, I'd like to think they'd say no but equally couldsee them trying to justify it to fans. Anyway no malice intended was just a hypothetical question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.