Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for "homegrown" tax.

Could just save £20m for a CB and get Bertrand.

It's absolutely ridiculous that we have found ourselves in this situation where we have effectively started the summer with no full-backs.

Over £100m on a left and right back is just ridiculous.

I'm confident that Txiki et all will bring home the bacon. The richest club in the world tag is just that, we have to operate in a financial landscape that the club can afford, not loose change from our owner

I don't think I'm getting through here. If we had Mendy and were negotiating for a back up, he should negotiate by all means. Because then we'd not be so desperate, at least we have our starter LB like we have Walker.

We have no LBs. OK?

So if Monaco want £54 mil, we pay £54 mil. He's an essential player for Pep's projected team and we're missing defenders. We're not WHU or Crystal Palace, we can't go from Mendy to Bertrand to "I can only afford xxx" and lay claim to be one of the top teams in England and Europe. You can't act like a midtable team and claim to be a top team.

So I can't relax, not after a medical is called off. I'm actually nervous about losing Mendy to Chelsea who already have a LWB but are ambitious enough to get a better LWB so that they can win the title again and challenge for the CL. And they will spend the extra few million Txiki is trying to save.

He should've been bought when we purchased Silva. Now having waited the extra 1.5 months and seeing the Alves debacle, which forced Txiki to spend the £50m w/ add ons for Walker, Monaco thinks they deserve a similar fee.

Monaco are the selling club, its their player, they can do what they like. for the sake of a few million - just pay it. it's a really important summer for us and we need him

It's absolutely ridiculous that we have found ourselves in this situation where we have effectively started the summer with no full-backs.

Price you pay for letting players get old and deciding to let them go at the end of their contract. This full back business should have been done last summer when we had a good platform to do business from.

We've gone into the summer with 1 full back who is past it, it was obvious we were going to get bent over.

Monaco are the selling club, its their player, they can do what they like. for the sake of a few million - just pay it. it's a really important summer for us and we need him
And then we agree to that and they say "actually you know what, make that £75m just because I don't like you"...?

Signing full backs isn't a problem, signing good ones is. They know we have the money and know we need them. If they see us pay more for Walker, they'll want more for their man, especially if they're now thinking they let us have Bernardo on the cheap. We're doing well, just need to keep working at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.