Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's walk away time.
Why? We've been negotiating for months...why at this stage do we move onto an alternative for the sake of a few million? I agree probably more than what we're prepared to pay but it's not like they're asking for £70 mill like Sandro. Making it a little more lucrative than Walker and then get the bar steward signed

I mentioned Txiki in a negative light on here a couple days ago and called an idiot. In early June, right after Bernardo joined, (before Chelsea bid 63m for Sandro and before we paid 50m for Walker) all the talk around Mendy was that 40m pounds would do it. In late June early July, it went up to 45m... Now it's 50m... Yay Txiki!

*All values in pounds

How is it Txixi's fault that Monaco kept putting the price up, if they did at all? What is the source of the "all the talk" of which you speak? Newspapers? Bluemoon ITK's? SSN? City fan down the pub? How reliable are the sources of "all the talk"? Have they been party to direct correspondence between City and Monaco as to what the asking price might have been? Or is it just hearsay from people who know fuck all?! I know which my money's on.....

What you have just posted is pure speculation.

Transfers have knock on effects, Alves says no, Tottenham decide to raise the price for Walker, Monaco see the price for Walker and raise price for Mendy.

It doesn't matter when and in what order we do our business, it will still have a knock on effect. If Spurs knew we were signing Mendy for £50m+, Walker would have immediately become £60m+.
Bloody Alves

We paid £45m for Walker plus £5m in add ons. We have had a £44.5m bid rejected because they want the same as Walker. So basically we are shy £500k plus the add ons for winning lots. So it's pretty much done.

Also makes sense why City are getting very precise when briefing the press on fees paid (although some ignore it) as it benchmarks other deals. Also how the hell did we get Silva so cheap?

I don't think so. As far as I know we're in the business to win trophies, not save money. When we have no FBs and when teams know that they'll charge us. Whose fault is it that we were with no FBs? Not mine. Who does the planning here, whose job is it? My job is to pay for tickets, to buy shirts, to support. Whose job is to plan, buy, sell?

A second point is, if you buy the right player today, you won't have to look for other players every year to replace him. Clubs like RM understand this very well. That's why almost every purchase they make is a world record. But they don't look for someone to replace CR7 or Modric every year. And they have the best FBs in the world. They're not in the market every year so desperately to replace them.

If we buy the best FBs available at whatever cost this year, we won't have to shop for new ones every year, we might just look for back ups but not be desperate.

We made the same mistake with centre halves and every fookin season we're breaking a new record on a new centre half to replace the one we got one year before. It's always the unproven, questionable ones that we get. With the money we spent on Otamendi + Mangala for a total of £63.84 mil and instead of still looking for a new centre half, we could've spent £65-70 mil on one of Sergio Ramos or Bonucci and we wouldn't be looking for one to replace them now because they're proven. See my logic here?

Logic should be same with FBs and everyone else.
This morning it was "SAF" in one thread, now it's "CR7" in this. This is not acceptable nomenclature for city fans to use.

Where does this end? 50 million 60 million 70 million?

Do we have to break a record every time?

I'm not sure Mendy is in the top ten wing backs in the World and there is possibly another club somewhere in the World that would love 45 million for their left back and would fit our system.

I'm wondering if Bayern RM or Barca would pay that for him (even if they wanted him)

Controversial perhaps but if Tixi does our negotiating, and I don't know he does, should an ex footballer be in that role or a businessman?

What you have just posted is pure speculation.

Transfers have knock on effects, Alves says no, Tottenham decide to raise the price for Walker, Monaco see the price for Walker and raise price for Mendy.

It doesn't matter when and in what order we do our business, it will still have a knock on effect. If Spurs knew we were signing Mendy for £50m+, Walker would have immediately become £60m+.

Pretty much this... we just need to give them £45mil... only £0.5mil more than we supposedly offered!

We need to walk away from Mendy now getting way too much, you can go some way to justifying £50mn for walker but not Mendy, like seriously how can Monaco value more than silva? Get Sandro at £60mn, much better player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.