Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever thought it's monaco raising the price as they really don't need to sell him?

Of course it's Monaco raising the price but their initial price was fair, that's my point. Early in the summer a reliable journalist from France (Jonathan Johnson) said on the 9320 pod that City valued Mendy at 30- 35m pounds but Monaco wanted 40m. 40m was also widely reported. We didn't even bid until last week and by then 40m wasn't enough... I'd reject 40-45m too after seeing what Chelsea bid for Sandro and what Walker cost.

Yep, just because he knew Pep. Nothing whatsoever to do with the job he did at Barca.

He surely has know how but what extraordinary job did he do at Barca like Monchi did at Sevilla? Buy Messi, Iniesta, Xavi? The only good thing he's done there is hire Pep instead of Mourinho but I'm not sure if that was him or Joan Laporta. Presidents make the big decisions there like buying Ronaldinho or Neymar. DoFs are mere underlings to presidents at Barca. I don't see any Barca fans praising or blaming their directors, if you speak to Barca fans today they'll all blame Bartomeu for whatever their shortcomings are.

I don't think so. As far as I know we're in the business to win trophies, not save money.
I think our owners wish to run the club in a business like fashion which means paying what they deem to be acceptable prices to win trophies. Not paying what the fans want them to pay, we have carried on negotiating for most of our targets and bought them in recent years, a few like Pogba we have walked away from.

He surely has know how but what extraordinary job did he do at Barca like Monchi did at Sevilla? Buy Messi, Iniesta, Xavi? The only good thing he's done there is hire Pep instead of Mourinho but I'm not sure if that was him or Joan Laporta. Presidents make the big decisions there like buying Ronaldinho or Neymar. DoFs are mere underlings to presidents at Barca. I don't see any Barca fans praising or blaming their directors, if you speak to Barca fans today they'll all blame Bartomeu for whatever their shortcomings are.

Where did I claim he did an extraordinary job?

Yes I'm assuming but at least my assumptions are based on history, like Alves with the most recent history or even Walker. Txiki negotiated for weeks and what happened? He paid the fee Levy asked at the end didn't he?

Same with Mendy. We have no LBs, we're desperate and Monaco knows it. You have no evidence what so ever to tell me I'm wrong when I can at least refer to reports in several news outlets from The Times to DM to French outlets all claiming the same: Monaco want their money.

So just pay the money and sign him.

Why are you even fighting me? Instead, why don't you tell me why we shouldn't have any LBs in preseason? Tell me.
You are making a whopping assumption there mate - were you present? Do you KNOW that we paid the maximum asking price - or are you just regurgitating what you hear?

So because people quote £40m but Monaco don't u think that's what txiki should pay maybe people should decide what we pay for all our transfers instead of selling clubs

All I'm saying is that it's clear (if you've been following the Mendy saga closely since Bernardo signed) that not agreeing to a fee earlier in the summer has led to Monaco raising their fee, multiple times.

Of course it's Monaco raising the price but their initial price was fair, that's my point. Early in the summer a reliable journalist from France (Jonathan Johnson) said on the 9320 pod that City valued Mendy at 30- 35m pounds but Monaco wanted 40m. 40m was also widely reported. We didn't even bid until last week and by then 40m wasn't enough... I'd reject 40-45m too after seeing what Chelsea bid for Sandro and what Walker cost.

This. I dont understand the waiting game, if we would have bought him with that 40m in the first place... ok lets deal! Now that we have waited they want 50+ coz of our other signings. Time usually doesnt make the price go down.

All guesswork and no substance on here from people who have absolutely no idea what the true figures of any transfer are, it seems they look at several news outlet reports and select the figures that suit their argument the best. Were not buying groceries from Tesco here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.