Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.skysports.com/transfer/n...-kylian-mbappe-suitors-of-tapping-up-teenager

Monaco have asked FIFA to take action after accusing "important European clubs" of tapping up Kylian Mbappe.

Sky sources say Monaco's complaint concerns the conduct of Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain but not Arsenal, who are also confirmed admirers of the teenage striker.

So will this affect the Mendy deal?
Real Madrid and Arsenal have been pretty open about their contact with Mbappe (phone calls from managers and house calls) but they don't report them and do us and PSG, doesn't make sense, could be they are afraid of losing too many players and this is a warning for everyone to back off

I suspect many of the flappers honed their Asda transfer skills on FIFA and can't quite grasp why we haven't just grabbed a Mendy off the shelf, taken it to the Monaco counter, slapped our money down and said, "Take it or do one." Unfortunately, there is no price for a Mendy and no supermarket can sell them off cut price. We have our view of a basic Mendy price: Monaco have their price. The press won't know either and so will make one up, add a bit and make a story up about it. Unfortunately it gets more difficult now, because there is no agreement on what the basic price is or what the basic Mendt is. These lead to the famous add owns - and you have to be clear about what an add on is. Easy that trophies, international caps and personal awards need to cost more. But goals? Is Mendy likely to score many? How many? But he is meant to play a part in attack. To "bomb forward". To put in crosses. Should assists cost more? How do you evaluate the defensive contribution of a player who, we hope, will be one of the best in the world? Surely that should cost more. And so a bid is not a figure scribbled on a post card and sent by carrier pigeon. It is a detailed breakdown of what will be paid and when and for what. None of which can be decided until a balance between basic fee and add ones has been agreed. So I doubt Monaco actually turned down a bid as simple and crude as "£44.5 million for Mendy". They want to know exactly what they are getting and for what. Clearly, it would seem, they're not satisfied but they won't give us a simple asking price to stump up.

Are you suggesting that it's only our owners sovereign wealth fund that is propping us up and our vast turnover from commercial deals and TV income is a figment of our imagination? That's sounding like nonsense from RAWK or some Tarquin gooner.

I ain't suggesting anything but it's very hard to get through to someone when they refuse to understand.

The owners made an investment to this club to create a winner club. OK? Thank you.

Khaldoon just a month ago said the club expects to win a title or even titles next season. Did he? Yes. Thank you.

So the DoF has a job to do and the manager has a job to do, the club has set the goal: title and even titles.

Got it? Good.

And the owner not only wants a winner club but every business wants a profitable business. In the business of football profits follow winning titles. Why is this so hard to get?

I don't know if you ppl realise but the longer this transfer takes the higher Mendy's price gets. Just my observation, no source for hard evidence.

I suspect many of the flappers honed their Asda transfer skills on FIFA and can't quite grasp why we haven't just grabbed a Mendy off the shelf, taken it to the Monaco counter, slapped our money down and said, "Take it or do one." Unfortunately, there is no price for a Mendy and no supermarket can sell them off cut price. We have our view of a basic Mendy price: Monaco have their price. The press won't know either and so will make one up, add a bit and make a story up about it. Unfortunately it gets more difficult now, because there is no agreement on what the basic price is or what the basic Mendt is. These lead to the famous add owns - and you have to be clear about what an add on is. Easy that trophies, international caps and personal awards need to cost more. But goals? Is Mendy likely to score many? How many? But he is meant to play a part in attack. To "bomb forward". To put in crosses. Should assists cost more? How do you evaluate the defensive contribution of a player who, we hope, will be one of the best in the world? Surely that should cost more. And so a bid is not a figure scribbled on a post card and sent by carrier pigeon. It is a detailed breakdown of what will be paid and when and for what. None of which can be decided until a balance between basic fee and add ones has been agreed. So I doubt Monaco actually turned down a bid as simple and crude as "£44.5 million for Mendy". They want to know exactly what they are getting and for what. Clearly, it would seem, they're not satisfied but they won't give us a simple asking price to stump up.

Hahaha

Happy to have Walker on board but everything about the fullback situation has been a proper fuck up by the club

Yes I am regurgitating what every news outlet reports. What do you have? What are you basing your arguments on? The belief that "we'll never pay that"? And where does that belief come from?
You sir are just a flapper

In my opinion you are simply embarrassing yourself but anyway flap on

For what it's worth my thoughts on this drawn out saga:
People seem to be in one of two camps either we are doomed as we have no left back, or back up, or conversely chill out there is 4 weeks to the season starts.
For me it's a worring situation to be playing hardball with a club with no reason to sell their player and, who know we are super rich and worse, desperate to fill that position.
Saying chill out there are 4 weeks is naive. Peps style of play requires very specific players who are not only technically elite but who also posess high footballing intelligence. Peps style is all about adaptable players who are comfortable in multiple positions on the pitch within games. It's not Mourinhios more simplistic method of banging the ball up to a target man and feeding off the scraps. That's what we bought when employing Pep. He needs his own players integrated into this system and a few weeks pre season to get the players - especially new ones - familiar with it. It's really not ideal to bring any player in so late into the window and force them to play catch up with this style of playing. Again, not flapping but there is some merit in those who are concerned that this deal hasn't been done yet. After all, it's not Neymar or Messi were talking about its a left back and this is one position that's crucial to Peps style of play. If we pay near to 50 million for Walker we've created our own problem to which Monaco are perfectly within their right to exploit. If it was the other way round we would want City to do likewise. We just need to pay their asking price on this one. Others we can maybe haggle over.

I suspect many of the flappers honed their Asda transfer skills on FIFA and can't quite grasp why we haven't just grabbed a Mendy off the shelf, taken it to the Monaco counter, slapped our money down and said, "Take it or do one."

I never played FIFA. I don't claim to have any negotiation skills either. I say just pay the fookin money. They ask for £55 mil? Then pay £55 mil and take him.

No negotiation. When we have our first choice FBs, then we can negotiate for backups and that's Txiki's job, not mine.

In Monaco's official statement they say they are considering reporting certain clubs for illegal contact, they don't name the clubs. Sky has named City and PSG... Not too worried about it but we should leave Mbappe alone for the remainder of the summer. He's likely staying at Monaco anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.