Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the club isn't in financial difficulty and we're operating within the constraints of FFP then I couldn't give a fuck.

This is causing a downward spiral at this point, so I'll try to be simpler with what I'm saying. If we have £300m to spend in a transfer window, I would rather we signed 6 world-class players for £50m a piece than overpay and only get 5 players for £60m a piece. Call that whatever you will, but that's a concern over what our transfer fees are.

Back on topic: hooray for Mendy coming!

Is this Mendy?

qGhJe95.jpg

Benjamin Mendy is set for a medical this week after Manchester City and Monaco agreed a fee. [The Guardian]

This is causing a downward spiral at this point, so I'll try to be simpler with what I'm saying. If we have £300m to spend in a transfer window, I would rather we signed 6 world-class players for £50m a piece than overpay and only get 5 players for £60m a piece. Call that whatever you will, but that's a concern over what our transfer fees are.

Back on topic: hooray for Mendy coming!

I know what you're saying but it's a bit over simplistic. The players we want might not be available for 50M, so better to get 5 players you want at 60M, than 6 that aren't your ideal targets at 50M.

Anyway, who is to say what the value of a player is? Who decides if he's worth 50 or 60M? We have to negotiate but ultimately the selling club can dictate the fee to a large extent. If it's a player we want (and need), then we haven't overpaid if it's a price that we were willing to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.