Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hold my hand up. Mainly due to the fact that the "rumoured 40+ million" seemed to have jumped to over 50 due to the fact that Monaco thought Mendy was worth at least as much as Walker. Walker's price does however include the home grown surcharge.

Having said all that I am delighted that we have dealt with all the problem positions before the end of July.

...................Ederson
Walker......Kompany...Otamendi....Mendy
....................Dinho
Bernardo.....Silva.....KdB.......Leroy
...............Jesus

subs

Yaya, Kun, Sterling,Stones, Danilo, Gundongan, Bravo, Tosin, Foden

Personally would keep Nacho as our third striker and get CB cover for VK. Stones could get some games in midfield.

On paper the weak link does seem to be the "pivot position" as while Dinho is a very good player, he is not in the same class as Busquets, Alonso But then who is and one of them has retired.

Do you work for Sky sports?

If we're allowed the tangent here, I'm one of those people who concern themselves with fees. Doesn't have anything to do with any personal embarrassment I might feel about what we paid. Just concerned with the business side of things.

There is a finite amount of money to spend, even if it's a shitload of money. The larger one slice of the pie is, the smaller the other slices are going to be. It's also a business built on reputation, and that seems to compound itself. The more you get ripped off, the more likely you are to get ripped off in the future. So I get concerned (not to be confused with worried, just interested) with inflated fees when we pay them. But it's only because I think the club will be more successful in the future, with better players to show for it, the less we overpay.

All of this irrespective of Mendy. Looking forward to having a couple proper fullbacks next season in a big way.

If we're allowed the tangent here, I'm one of those people who concern themselves with fees. Doesn't have anything to do with any personal embarrassment I might feel about what we paid. Just concerned with the business side of things.

There is a finite amount of money to spend, even if it's a shitload of money. The larger one slice of the pie is, the smaller the other slices are going to be. It's also a business built on reputation, and that seems to compound itself. The more you get ripped off, the more likely you are to get ripped off in the future. So I get concerned (not to be confused with worried, just interested) with inflated fees when we pay them. But it's only because I think the club will be more successful in the future, with better players to show for it, the less we overpay.

All of this irrespective of Mendy. Looking forward to having a couple proper fullbacks next season in a big way.
?

Good signing for us.

He will fit in well here and provide us with pace, skill and crossing along the left. It's the best of kola and clichy in one to me.

The lad was mint against us and in other CL games I saw and has room for growth. I like his character as well. We need some of that in the team. The rest are too serious all of the time. The team needs some brightening as long as there remains focus.

It's a risk, sure. So are many signings clubs make. We are in dire need of a left back who causes problems for the opposition with our setup.

I dont understand this

We had a desperate need for full backs and so paid what the selling club were happy with. No-one knows what City's budget were for these purchases so cannot say whether we overpaid or not. The figures do seem high but would you rather have two top class defenders or 1 Pogba I know which I think is better value

Now the club employ world class executives and have one of the richest men in the world as an owner do you think this purchase would not have been fully costed and approved. As long as the men who truly know Citys finances are happy to sign off on this or any other purchase then I am not sure why we the unknowing should worry too much

I dont understand this

We had a desperate need for full backs and so paid what the selling club were happy with. No-one knows what City's budget were for these purchases so cannot say whether we overpaid or not. The figures do seem high but would you rather have two top class defenders or 1 Pogba I know which I think is better value

Now the club employ world class executives and have one of the richest men in the world as an owner do you think this purchase would not have been fully costed and approved. As long as the men who truly know Citys finances are happy to sign off on this or any other purchase then I am not sure why we the unknowing should worry too much

I don't under your post either, if it makes you feel better. Where did you get the impression I was against the Mendy transfer? People stopped talking about Mendy for three pages, and instead talked about not understanding why people care about transfer fees at all. I was bored so I jumped in, and explained why I cared about transfer fees. Nothing to do with Mendy. Even tried to lead with the fact that it was a tangent and end with the fact that I'm happy we're getting Mendy. Just jumping into the abstract conversation: "I don't know why people care what price player X is," with me explaining why I'm interested in the prices we pay for players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.