Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or he's getting on the American Airlines flight 62 at 6:30 going to Paris that leaves from gate D25...

Mendy's last IG story was in an airport, I assume Miami International Airport. Looks like he's running late for the flight... according to the Departures schedule from Miami the two flights going to Paris leave later tonight but there was a flight going to Heathrow that left about 20mins ago... his IG story posted 40mins ago. So it makes sense he was rushing to get to the gate if he was getting on that flight to Heathrow...time will tell.

I know this is pathetic, I'm bored.

detective.jpg

He just updated is IG story, looks like he's just now boarding. Probably the 6:30 to Paris then... sigh.

Duh! Me :) based on what I think the market suggests.

Fullbacks simply are not that valuable. About 5 very good ones have moved this summer already. One can gauge what a fair price is based on those prices and also the historical prices of fullbacks.

And its clear to see in the prices so far this year: 24, 14, 15, 8, and 12 million euros what a fair price might be for a very good but young fullback. 40 million pounds really isn't it.

I know the phrase "that's the market these days" is often used by fans to justify what clearly seems excessive. Many would disagree and would conflate issues. Fair enough, but for me the general prices of players around your quality often help set your price.

But then again, I could be wrong and this could be viewed as a flap :) But o doubt it.

You are obviously in the camp that value = £
I suspect we (as most clubs do) will look at a bigger picture and will not simply look at £ in determining value.
Historical values are irrelevant imo and mean very little to today

We will have a figure what we wouldnt pay, then we'd move on to plan b, what that figure is doesn't concern me, I know the stability of the club won't be put at risk, so why would I worry. If we buy Mendy then it means we have our first choice at a fee the club are comfortable with.

Exactly, but some seem to get bent out of shape over the fees we are allegedly going to spend on players x & y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.