Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only Txiki could take such a calm,objective, dispassionate - not to say calculating approach - how different this transfer window would be. Still, try not to overdo it on the anti depressants.

Txiki has a tough old job, clubs would pull our pants down further and shaft us even harder than they already do if we didn't have a tough negotiator. Trouble is the whole world knows we are desperate for fullbacks, that can't help us in negotiations.

According to reports eh?

Sorry mate but unless I have some decent evidence of what is the hold up in the negotiations then I'm not going to pretend I know what is going on.

Back to the original point, if you just go in and pay the asking price you are regarded as a soft touch and the next time you target a player their clubs jack up their asking price when they see you coming.

That's not necessarily true. I've heard that Bayern have good relations with everyone and get decent prices because instead of making more money off a transfer they are a bit forgiving. I'm not too sure if that's true.

Mendy is still in Monaco. I think the reports say they are still haggling over the price. There is some reasonable speculation here saying his injury might have postponed the medical. I'm not sure if anyone reported that.

Didn't Gundogan pass his medical whilst still on crutches with a knee brace?

Having said that maybe we're looking to avoid that type of situation again, who knows.

No I didn't, I said you'd be on here saying the opposite.

And why would I say the opposite, unless the figures quoted by multiple reports are very inaccurate? That would contradict everything that I said. So you either believe that signing Mendy would increase the fee for Walker or you believe that I'd seek to make illogical arguments to the contrary.

And why would I say the opposite, unless the figures quoted by multiple reports are very inaccurate? That would contradict everything that I said. So you either believe that signing Mendy would increase the fee for Walker or you believe that I'd seek to make illogical arguments to the contrary.

The last bit.

According to reports eh?

Sorry mate but unless I have some decent evidence of what is the hold up in the negotiations then I'm not going to pretend I know what is going on.

Back to the original point, if you just go in and pay the asking price you are regarded as a soft touch and the next time you target a player their clubs jack up their asking price when they see you coming.

What are we gonna trust? All reports claim the same thing, that Monaco wants £45 mil, we're set on £40 mil.

What is it with some of you when you require no evidence what so ever when you read or hear something you like but you ask for bulletproof evidence when you hear something you don't like.

A few million quids is the only reason we still haven't signed him. It's the few million quids that could be the difference between us and Chelsea to sign him. What will you say then? "We didn't want him anyway"? or "I never rated him"?

Like Alves? Txiki's approach cost Alves, now we have to spend extra £27 mil for a second right back. What's gonna happen if we miss out on Mendy?

Just pay the £45 mil, or £50 mil and get what we want. Don't negotiate too much, we're desperate for a LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.