Bent 'Arry for England

Damocles said:
Red Wings said:
He's not overrated at all, he's underrated if anything purely because he's not Spanish or Italian, nor does he wear a nice coat.

Redknapp's list of honours:

FA Cup 2008
League Cup Runners Up
Third Division Title

Fuck me, get him in the England job.

By your logic, Pep Guardiola is better than 99.9% of managers out there. Do you really think that Jose Mourinho would suddenly turn Southampton, Portsmouth or West Ham into title challengers?

Mancini has far more honours than Harry, didn't stop him from being tactically raped by him did it?

Damocles said:
I remember the kippax said:
but to be fair, he does get the best out of average players..... and that's what England have now... I hate him myself, but taking him away from Spurs is also a bonus. I think he would do well

Disagree. The Spurs squad is expensively assembled and full of quality, as was Portsmouth before that. I would say that looking at that squad, he probably achieved about right in a top four finish, Spurs have a better squad than us in depth and they played well all season.

I have to disagree with you, yes they have been expensively assembled, however their squad is full of players that other clubs would not have ordinarily touched with a barge pole, but "Our 'Arry" has melded them into a team. I can give you a number of players who we would not see get into a City team above our current players; for example - Palacious vs De Jong (nope), Crouch vs Adebayor (nope), Dawson vs Kompany (nope). There are no real world beaters in the Spurs team, and by that I mean players of Tevez' reputation around the world but they have one or two class players (Defoe, Modric) who then play very much as a team - and that has to come down to the coach. They are very similar to the German side in that respect - one or two stars and the rest solidly backed up, and if that's the marker for a good International side then I'd rather have him as England Manager, however much I have no time for him from a personal point of view.

Damocles said:
Also, we should completely forget that he is a criminal, a tax cheat and has been charged as such. Patriotism and fairness aren't exactly traits that Harry possess.

"I love my country, I just don't feel that I should have to follow it's laws, or contribute to it's tax system" -- Harry Redknapp

And I don't wish to seem like a personal crusade against your posts - but I pay an Accountant to ensure that I pay as little tax as possible. Does that make me a criminal for not wanting to pay the full amount of tax that I could be liable for? Everybody hates tax and everybody knows someone who has skirted with the law at some stage - I have enough points on my license for speeding to show you that.

I think tbh it would be unlikely that Redknapp would be given the job as the suits in the FA probably perceive him as a modern day Brian Clough - thereby making another huge mistake

Red Wings said:
By your logic, Pep Guardiola is better than 99.9% of managers out there. Do you really think that Jose Mourinho would suddenly turn Southampton, Portsmouth or West Ham into title challengers?

Mancini has far more honours than Harry, didn't stop him from being tactically raped by him did it?

Redknapp didn't 'tactically rape' Mancini, or at least that isn't my recollection of the game last season. The away leg, Hughes got done by Harry though.

You can also count the fact that Mancini had been in the job about 4 months by the time that he played Spurs, and hasn't had a chance to build his own team yet, we can start to judge him from this season onwards.

Also, yes, I would say that Guardiola is better than most managers out there. I'm not really sure how else you can judge a manager apart from their trophy cabinet. You also seem to be forgetting that Mourinho won the CL with Porto. I don't think that he'd turn those clubs into title challengers overnight, but I do think that he would have done better than "not getting relegated" as a prime achievement.

oh yes this would be utterly ace. pikey harry the spiv in charge of the national team i can't see a single negitive, would fuck spurs right up and would be very funny to watch them implode AND when England balls up in poland 2012 or don't even qualify then 'arry, my joint second least favourite manager (joint with moyes and closely behind taggart) gets the blame and becomes a public hate figure who'll have to run off to UAE management to escape the press and people burning effigies of him.

and lets face it England wouldn't win it no matter who the manager is

mammyjam said:
oh yes this would be utterly ace. pikey harry the spiv in charge of the national team i can't see a single negitive, would fuck spurs right up and would be very funny to watch them implode AND when England balls up in poland 2012 or don't even qualify then 'arry, my joint second least favourite manager (joint with moyes and closely behind taggart) gets the blame and becomes a public hate figure who'll have to run off to UAE management to escape the press and people burning effigies of him.

and lets face it England wouldn't win it no matter who the manager is

My thoughts exactly....although I have defended him on here, he is my least favourite manager..

hes is a good manager and does well where evere he goes. he has a lot of passion and isnt afraid to change things round. he would be a really good manager for england if the media and fans gave him time.

I remember the kippax said:
Damocles said:
Also, we should completely forget that he is a criminal, a tax cheat and has been charged as such. Patriotism and fairness aren't exactly traits that Harry possess.

"I love my country, I just don't feel that I should have to follow it's laws, or contribute to it's tax system" -- Harry Redknapp

And I don't wish to seem like a personal crusade against your posts - but I pay an Accountant to ensure that I pay as little tax as possible. Does that make me a criminal for not wanting to pay the full amount of tax that I could be liable for? Everybody hates tax and everybody knows someone who has skirted with the law at some stage - I have enough points on my license for speeding to show you that.

I think tbh it would be unlikely that Redknapp would be given the job as the suits in the FA probably perceive him as a modern day Brian Clough - thereby making another huge mistake

I bet your the type who foams at the mouth when there a report in the local press of a single mother who has been took to court for working whilst claiming benefit

Damocles said:
Redknapp didn't 'tactically rape' Mancini, or at least that isn't my recollection of the game last season. The away leg, Hughes got done by Harry though.

With the exception of a few half chances, Spurs had us their back pocket in the last home game of the season.

Spurs had secured only two points from the first eight games of the season prior to Redknapp's arrival and lay bottom of the league, but in his first two weeks in charge he took the club out of the relegation zone, winning ten out of the twelve points available.
In his first full season with the club, Redknapp guided Spurs to their most successful Premier League season to date.

Not bad for someone who is overrated....also consider that Spurs was his first decent club. Prior to that he had managed Portsmouth, Southampton, West Ham and Bournemouth.

He's certainly worth giving a go.

BurnCK said:
Spurs had secured only two points from the first eight games of the season prior to Redknapp's arrival and lay bottom of the league, but in his first two weeks in charge he took the club out of the relegation zone, winning ten out of the twelve points available.
In his first full season with the club, Redknapp guided Spurs to their most successful Premier League season to date.

If you're nicking opinions from Wikipedia, at least try to be objective about it. You make Redknapp sound like some sort of a messiah. In reality, he took over from Ramos, who is by far the worst performing coach Spurs have had for years. Before Ramos, under Jol, Spurs were doing absolutely fine. What he essentially did, was put a team back in it's normal position rather than miracle work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.