Berbatov lost all respect for Fergie

They deserved each other. Berbaflop for thinking the team should adapt to him instead of the other way round. And bacon for signing such an un-rag like player in the first place.

My heart bleeds for both of them.

TonyM said:
InMyLifetime-BaconChops said:
Berbatov's transfer to Fulham proved controversial in Italy, as he twice turned down offers from Serie A clubs at the last minute to stay in the Premier League.
Berbatov denied he had acted inappropriately in his dealings with Fiorentina and Juventus.
"I've never personally told them, 'Yes, I'll play for you'," he said. "It's not my problem that someone is disappointed. After all, I choose where to play and be happy."

The 31-year-old angered Fiorentina when he turned his back on them last Thursday, one day before the end of the transfer window. The player then rejected the chance to move to Italian champions Juve.
"He did not deserve our city and our shirt and the values it represents," Fiorentina said in a statement.

Berbatov said: "It's stressful. One club called, then another, and a third, and then another. A man can go crazy at one point. I'm a human being and it's normal for me to hesitate."
I am no Berbatov fan. He never struck me as a likeable guy even before he became a red. But all he did was not sign for an Italian club and you'd swear he burnt their national flag.

The aragonce of the European elite knows no bounds. I hate them more and more each passing day.

Hope we rule Europe very soon.

Fiorentina paid for his flight there to go talk to them but he never showed up and went to speak to Juventus instead. I think they have a right to be pissed off

I personally loved his comment he made about leaving

something along the lines of
"i've said bye to everyone that deserved it, but not Sir Alex... i didnt think he did"

made me chuckle!

CityFan94 said:
He never, ever fitted into the way United play.

For £30 million, a really poor signing from Ferguson. Never really gets brought up in the media though...
I posted this reply to a similar debate in the Utd thread;

His 48 goals and 18 assists in 108 league appearances played a major part in the 2 league titles that Utd won during his 4 year spell, worth every penny in my opinion.

No idea what he did to turn Fergie off him so much after Utd had tried for years to sign him but I think he was treated very shabbily. Despite rarely starting a game following his most successful Utd season he never complained or slagged the club off. If Utd had any class they wouldn't have forced him to stay an extra season by taking up their option, or should at least have given him a free, at the end of that season, once they'd done so.

Think it's a little lazy to label him a flop, Berbatov himself says that he was told (not sure if by Fergie or coaches) that they were changing their style of play n he no longer suited their game. I can't understand why they didn't sell then tbh.

He maintained a very good goals to game ratio throughout and reckon he'll do well at Fulham.

A good player who Fulham need to keep fit if they want to avoid relegation. As for Berbatov he should have a bit of a moan af Fergie, when he was dropped he was in form.

Class footballer. Stats don't lie.

Funny, didn't fit their system but still led the league. Imagine if he had fit in?

so reading between the lines shakin bacon is going big fat sam with kick and rush football....

that`s why they havn`t signed any midfielders,it`s because their tactics bypass the midfield every attack..

pub team of trafford on tour...

seems berbaflop has gave away the jock pisspots tactics for this season without knowing..

manimanc said:
so reading between the lines shakin bacon is going big fat sam with kick and rush football....

that`s why they havn`t signed any midfielders,it`s because their tactics bypass the midfield every attack..

pub team of trafford on tour...

seems berbaflop has gave away the jock pisspots tactics for this season without knowing..
Yeah that's why they've got a couple of big, bustling centre forwards, supplemented by 6 footers all over the pitch..........oh hang on a minute....

Don't be so simplistic .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.