Bereavement

@PinkFinal @BlueHammer85

First of all, sincere condolences to you both and to your families. Losing anyone you love is horrific, losing a parent shakes your world entirely. Someone told me once that grief is what we feel when we can no longer express our love for someone, and I think that there's some truth in that.

I've lost both my Mum and Dad in the last few years and in the depth of both my losses, I couldn't belive that the world was continuing to turn when mine had imploded. You'll feel a hundred different emotions over the next few days and every one of them needs to be worked through as you process the grief while also trying to deal with formalities and practicalities.

I'm going to offer some different advice to that which other posters have done. The phrase "stay strong" has developed over the last few years and while I know that people mean it kindly, I personally find it very dangerous. So im.just going to remind you that you don't need to stay strong, some days that will be too difficult. Pent up emotions are damaging to all of us. So cry when you want to, vent when you need to and laugh when you can. Talk as much as you are able to. This place is available 24/7 if no one else is.

I'd personally recommend checking out the Cruse website. Its a charity which offers all kinds of help, advice and support to the bereaved. They helped me enormously this year when the grief I'd historically kept suppressed crept up on me.

Take care of yourselves and give yourselves time, it really is the only healer x

Lost my dad early hours this morning. He was 84 and a cantankerous rag.

I'm absolutely overcome with grief. I'm in his house now among all his things and clothes he was using just 4 days ago. Even the skin cream I used to help him put on occasionally. I know it's less than 24 hours but the pain is so immense I don't know how I'm going to get over this.
I was of course very upset when my mum died but this is on another level. One I didn't know existed.
Anyone going through this has my sympathy
I thankfully have my support systems , relatives , neighbours etc who will help with the nightmare world of morgues death certificates and funeral arrangements.
Sincere condolences. Take your time, and look after yourself

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.