Bergkamp or Henry?

liamctid said:
felixbg said:
yea ... fair enough henry was awesome coming in from the wings aswell and scoring goals often for a poor arsenal side. your insane coming from sheffield for the youth game!

'Dedicated' is the word your looking for Felix. I went to the Newcastle match in the round before as well.

And I wouldn't refer to the side he was in as poor at any point either! That team that went un beaten were amazing, some cracking players. Robert Pires, Sol Campbell, Edu, Gilberto, Ashley Cole, Patrick Viera, Freddie Ljunberg... Just class, an honour to watch.

he was carrying them though towards the end of his time there ... without him they have been poor by their previous high standards. Him and Viera were what made a great side out of a good side imo. thats what i thought anyway. you going to the arsenal away youth game thingy? ... i might go to that one seeing as i dont think im gin on 4th april

its gotta be henry for me every time! the guy is just world class! you cant count the number of times he has just produced a phenominal goal when it was needed and the number of times he turned a game on its head on his own! he has scored some of the best goals i have ever seen in the prem including a fair few against us (e.g. in 2004 past david james) and he has scored numerous goals which have seemed impossible (e.g. goal against blackburn away)! bergkamp was pure class but thierry henry is one of if not the best player i have seen in the prem!

Henry's physical attributes were absolutely devastating, and he had superb talent to go with it.
But for me, Bergkamp takes it. Everything he did was pure class, there was just something so special about the way he could manipulate a football. Incredible technique, so effortless.

Henry for me. Bergkamp produced some sublime pieces of skill but Henry produced the goods more often.

Popped into this thread, thinking Bergkamp had come out of retirement & we were considering signing him or Henry?

Didn't expect the cracking good read that the last 4 pages have been. Its a really excellent question isn't it! Two of the modern day greats in my view & they would have both walked into any team they liked, & you'd love to see them playing for your team.

I'm gonna go for Bergkamp though I think, even though you can't help but rate Henry. I just think its the big game thing that does it for me. Henry has too much of a history of going missing when it really counted.

But as I said, cracking question & you could make arguments for either.

Ronaldo, on the other hand, is a ****, a cheat & a fucking fairy! Not fit to lace Bergkamps boots. End of!

What an interesting question and such a tough comparison to make.

For what it's worth, I think that pound for pound Henry was more effective and more influential. Bergkamp though is one of my favourite players of all time and even though it won't make much sense next to the previous sentence, I'd rather have the Dutchman in my team.

n_mcfc said:
Henry is probably the better player of the two, but I think Bergkamp was more gifted...if that makes sense?!
I doubt it does!

I'd rather have Bergkamp in my team, but I think Henry would be better in the City team rather than Bergkamp.
imagine if they were both at an age where City could sign them, and somehow had to choose.

bergkamp played best approximately where 'binho plays best, (right behind the lead striker, roaming free) maybe a little deeper, that'd be one problem adding him to today's City (a great problem to have). Henry can play on the wing, or can hold up the ball as a target man, or use his pace on the break like Bellamy. definitely if (in our imaginary world) they were the same age etc i'd pick Henry for the team City have now.

Henry's more versatile but i wouldn't want to have to choose between them for 'best player.'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.