Bernard Halford

Over 11 hours for me.
11 and a half for me, got served at 23.15 after arriving later than planned due to Friday night refreshments. Remember on the day it had apparently been announced online season tkt holders could buy an extra ticket with 2 cup game ticket stubs which some knew about and others didnt.

Hi MES, I think I know you, were you in the Leicester and Rugby branch and used to talk about Gordon Smith a lot?! Yeah I think Kevin was on the committee, the controversial newsletter editor was I think called Julian Wood. I wasn’t on the committee so wasn’t in that meeting but I was told by a lad that was there that Horrocks stated to the meeting that if the vote went in favour of London staying he would quit, so then the vote became not about London going but about Horrocks staying. Because of that the vote went against and the London branch was expelled.

Edit: different Kevin, I think Kevin Cummins was in the branch after I left it. I think there was a Kevin Whelan on the committee in my day
Julian Wood moved to London in about 1979 or 1980. A few of us kipped on his floor before and after the 81 FA Cup final.
I lost touch with him in the late 80s but I heard he emigrated to Israel about 20-25 years ago.
The play-off final ticket distribution was a joke. 35,000 tickets and just 10/12 windows at the ticket office. We were favourites to beat Wigan so should have prepared by bringing in a load of staff and sold tickets at some of the stadium turnstiles. It ain't rocket engineering but Bernard was bloody useless.
As for the crowd figure manipulation debate I will ask the question I always ask: Each turnstile was fitted with a non-resettable counter so the actual crowd could be calculated. The police could easily find the true attendances and I can't believe they would allow mass fraud to continue if the offence was repeated as often as claimed.

Julian Wood moved to London in about 1979 or 1980. A few of us kipped on his floor before and after the 81 FA Cup final.
I lost touch with him in the late 80s but I heard he emigrated to Israel about 20-25 years ago.
The play-off final ticket distribution was a joke. 35,000 tickets and just 10/12 windows at the ticket office. We were favourites to beat Wigan so should have prepared by bringing in a load of staff and sold tickets at some of the stadium turnstiles. It ain't rocket engineering but Bernard was bloody useless.
As for the crowd figure manipulation debate I will ask the question I always ask: Each turnstile was fitted with a non-resettable counter so the actual crowd could be calculated. The police could easily find the true attendances and I can't believe they would allow mass fraud to continue if the offence was repeated as often as claimed.
Gate fiddling was the last thing on the police's mind back then!

Possibly, but it's alleged to have gone on throughout the Swales era and you'd think a rag copper or two would have sought to drop us in the brown, smelly stuff.
Maybe they were in on the deal too ha ha who knows!
Anderton was too busy bothering the gay community and the Door Wars

On another note, anyone recall the match day programme that the front page picture was replaced with a letter - pretty sure it was signed from Halford - scathing about City fans after a hooligan incident?
I'm also sure he was quoted in the MEN as an advocate for bringing the birch back......

Or am I making this up?

Yes we did, by the time it was dark, I remember the line snaking in and out of the North Stand.

I was also in the queue for the semi final v Wigan in the play offs.

For some unknown reason tickets were on sale at 4/5pm and so the queueing started at 8/9 am. To all those in the queue they handed out raffle tickets and so it was presumed if you had a raffle ticket you were going to get a ticket.

There were hundreds who had queued for 6/7 hours, holding a raffle ticket, and the first they knew they were out of luck was when the shutters went down on the ticket kiosks..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.