Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think it possible for someone to be more one footed than the likes of Kolarov or Dave but Bernardo is on his own in that regard.

Nigh on ridiculous and hugely frustrating.

Hugely frustrating????????.....what the heck does that mean.....being one footed like Merlin and Messi.....please explain.

I thought he was great today,extremely industrious,strong on the ball and technically brilliant.

Yes he's primarily a number 10,but he is doing a fine job out wide in the absence of Sane.

He'd suit the number 10 you mean...

Hes predominantly played this very role for most of his career, unfortunately he lacks the physicality at present to stand out... 12 months of peps high intensity training will see this sorted, however as much as he played well yesterday, he slows us down at present as he is easily marshalled off the ball, hence he's checking back an awful it!

I feel there is some misinformation regarding Bernardo's ability at Monaco. Some people seem confused why he hasn't completely adapted when he is playing the same position, to be frank, he really isn't.

Our 4-3-3: We utilize our wingers to give width and have our fullbacks come inside to overload the midfield. Yes Kyle Walker will provide width occassionally, but not predominantly. In this formation we already have 3 midfielders so Bernardo doesn't have as much freedom to come inside because we have already overloaded the midfield.

In Monaco's 4-2-2-2: Monaco let the fullbacks provide the width with the two central DM's to give them cover, usually one of the DM's dropped more than the other (Fabinho over Bakayoko). The wide midfielders (Lemar and Bernardo) came inside regularly so the central midfield was never over run, in this they became the main playmakers for the team for the two forwards. Crucially, the midfield is not overloaded so Bernardo is the main outlet.

He was never a goal scorer at Monaco, and he didn't need to be because the 2 forwards banged in all the goals. In City's 4-3-3 the wingers HAVE to be goal scorers, unless Kevin and David can increase there goal scoring output to make up for that, but they are mainly playmakers, and well therein lies the overlapping issue, Bernardo is as well.

I think the 'tweak' is obvious - bench Aguero, play 3 interchanging attackers up front, worked fine vs Cardiff. But it's impossible until one of Sane/Jesus is back.

Personally, I'm amazed by the problems Bernardo is experiencing. I think the most obvious one is his lightness and inability to withstand physical pressure whilst shielding the ball. Fix this issue, and he'll start to glide through defences like Iniesta. Not sure if it's fixable though, we'll see in a year.
We only used it in the first half v Cardiff though, something changed just before halftime, can't remember what though...

I thought he had a good game yesterday. Gonna be a brilliant player for us. Put Fuchs on his arse a few yards. Think walker maybe not overlapping as much yesterday due to pace of Vardy. But Bernardo will come good.

I'll remind you. The refs decided to switch to rugby rules to provide better entertainment :) Oh, and Sane got injured.
I wish they had switched to rugby rules, there would be a few Cardiff players sitting out on 12 month bans.

Don't see that tactic as a possibility until Sané or Jesus returns although we could try Aguero on the left, he played there quite a lot for Atleti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.