Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
It amazes me that you 3 or 4 cannot understand why you are in such a minority. To give you credit I think you've just worn and bored everyone down now.
Oh no, I know exactly why that is, the demographics of this forum explain it completely. I just find it odd how many "clever" posts I've read saying some variation of "oh, it is RACIST to compare De Bruyne to tin tin now??" while thoughtful posts like the one I quoted explaining exactly why there is a distinction between that and what happened go completely ignored.

Can't see Bernardo being banned for this, perhaps a suspended ban and warning of future conduct etc.
His mistake was to put it online, he should have known better...in hindsight.

Maybe your highly regrettable experiences of genuine racism have forced your position on this debate, that the majority don't accept as a racist issue.

Nope - it's only made me realise how racial stereotypes like the one in question are unintentionally perpetuated and reinforced, but then used maliciously when in the wrong hands.

As for claiming that you're a 'majority', I suggest you don't have any evidence to back that up. My belief is that it's not an appropriate thing to post online, especially by someone of global stature, and I put it to you that the majority feel the same.

Granted. I concede your point. But I ask you this: Bernardo deleted the tweet, and apologised. Do you think that he merits further punishment? Given that, believe you me, with the massive furore that this has created, he'll be really down about it. If he needed educating, he's already been educated.

Personally, no I don't believe he deserves further punishment. In fact, I think he's gotten too comfortable with the format and fun of twatter and, therefore didn't see the pitfalls.

He deleted the tweet because someone's had a word in his lughole OR he's realised how it looks. Either way, he knew it was a problem.

And there's always a screenshot opportunist, ready to strike.

What ban do you believe he will receive, for this shocking handling.

How on earth should I know what length ban he will receive

But it will be a bigger ban than if the club had stepped in sooner, including Pep, to nip it in the bud instead of inflaming the situation in the way they have

Please, please don't be thick!

Mendy is not the only Black man on twatter.

Publicly, if you're comparing Mendy, you're going to offend other/ Black people who may feel it was an unnecessary thing to witness.

It's getting a bit tiresome to ask people to step outside of themselves and think expansively.

Racial banter all you like between mates, but don't go online/ public as other people will comment.

Cheers Bigga. Your explanation is better than anything else I've seen on here.

Oh no, I know exactly why that is, the demographics of this forum explain it completely. I just find it odd how many "clever" posts I've read saying some variation of "oh, it is RACIST to compare De Bruyne to tin tin now??" while thoughtful posts like the one I quoted explaining exactly why there is a distinction between that and what happened go completely ignored.
Or maybe you're just wrong or don't want to understand why the majority think this is a non racism issue. You disparage posters who have raised the KDB/tintin analogy, and apologies for not being as "clever" as you - but that is the crux of this specific topic. What does somebody look like in their opinion - which was not racist. You dig back in history, as some have done, for spears and the plight of African Americans and Apartheid all appalling and rightly condemned by all, all you want to cloud the issue - but it was not racist it didn't offend the recipient, there was absolutely no racist intent, no malice whatsoever. You could argue that it was in an open forum and if it offended some, he should apololgise - but that is the slippery slope - appeasing people who are easily offended is to slowly curtail and erode personal freedoms. If someone is determined to be affronted, no matter how mistakenly, is it now expected that they be placated.

Last edited:
When that Asian comedian guy Romesh (cant remember his name or spell it) from league of their own makes racist jokes no one is offended . Are they not racist jokes because of the colour of his skin? Can anyone explain this because I dont get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.