Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are British society's conventions. It should not make you a racist for breaking them, but it probably makes you a foreigner. Should a man who speaks 5 languages be educated in British conventions? No. What good do they serve other than to bring one person into line with expectations of behaviour.

Britain regards itself as the oldest democracy and the home of freedom, but it is actually a very regimented society, far more so than other Western European states. You might get bashed indiscriminately on the head by a riot cop on the continent, but unlikely that your address, and everything about you is monitored to the same extent. That is my impression anyway.
We are no longer a democracy or we would have left the EU by now and not ignored, ridiculed or tried to sabotage the winners in a democratic vote

To those asking if it would be wrong to compare KDB to tin tin/the Milky Way kid, you do realise they’re cartoons of human beings right? Bernardo essentially compared mendy to a cartoon food, the only resemblance being the colour of his skin.
A carton food with eyes and a mouth that can walk and talk?

Whatever his intent, which I don't think is malicious at all, the lazy act of posting that picture in view of millions perpetuates a racist stereotype. That in itself is wrong, whether you like it or not, and something someone in full public view, representing an organisation like ours that tries to staunchly stand against all forms of racism, should not be doing online.

Should he punished severely for it? No, I definitely don't think he should. A slap on the wrist and some education about it should suffice IMO.

The people who instigated this after the tweet appeared (is there a paper trail of who did what, where and how, or have the FArce a room in the Wembley bowels where a host of FArce apparatchiks are constantly trawling the net for 'material'?) want blood and the blood they will only be satisfied with is a couple of drops nearest the heart of the club!

Thank you for illustrating exactly what I meant earlier.

Step 1: "oh, it is RACIST to compare De Bruyne to tin tin now??"
Step 2: post explaining the difference
Step 3: refusal to engage

Round and round it goes...

Imagine bringing De Bruyne here as comparison while he is coming from the country that has history of killing millions of "Conguitos" as they thought they are not more worthy than working animals.

Originally I did think he'd be charged but then just given warning, a reminder of responsibilities etc.

Now it looks like a 2 or 3 game ban. :(

I don't care about ban in terms of football. Fuck it, we have enough of power up front and Bernardo wasn't firing on all cylinders this season anyway.

It's that his naivety and well, stupidity too, will, in case of a ban, give him a tag of someone banned for racism and he definitely isn't one. Fucking Twitter and social media.

Don’t you just love the way the FA are so fucking self righteous when someone else is the accused. Contrast this with the blundering, indecision, lies and sheer incompetence when they were accused of ignoring the systematic racial abuse of Eniola Aluko. The way a ‘banged to rights’ FA bundled it’s enquiry - better described as a failed cover up and then sought to bully Aluko into a non disclosure agreement was morally bankrupt... and now these same fools sit in judgement.
Well said. I'm of the view that Bernardo made a bit of a mistake with this by making it public. However, the FA are just trying to take the Liverpool fc holier than thou attitude on this. If a senior figure in the FA had done something similar for example, it would be swept under the rug.

A carton food with eyes and a mouth that can walk and talk?

Google cartoon food- many of them have eyes, legs and can walk/talk- that doesn’t make them cartoon human beings though. For example, the film sausage party, those have eyes etc but it’s literally a cartoon food film. Bernardo compared mendy to cartoon chocolate. At least if you’re comparing KDB to tin tin/Milky Way kid, you’re comparing him to a cartoon of a human.

Well said. I'm of the view that Bernardo made a bit of a mistake with this by making it public. However, the FA are just trying to take the Liverpool fc holier than thou attitude on this. If a senior figure in the FA had done something similar for example, it would be swept under the rug.

Aluko said the England women’s goalkeeper coach talked to her in a mock Caribbean accent for months .... and no one at the FA thought there was anything wrong with it ! What does that say about the culture at the FA.

I have from as long as I can remember loved and been passionate about the game of association football so that at least 50 years. In that time I have idolised players of all nationalities and colours. I lived through the times when monkey chants and bananas were thrown and cannot recall feeling anything but discomfort and disgust at those things and never joined in (likewise Munich songs). My feelings are that so much progress has been made and that the game had reached a stage or close to where it should be. Like in Brazil for example when nobody even notices the colour of a player when they are wearing the shirt of your passion whether that be City or England in my case.

Over the last few years for various reasons I have begun to loose my passion for the game , the ridiculous money involved, the bent FA, the bent UEFA, the whole culture of the game at the top level has moved further away than what I can buy into.

I am close to the point where I am close to actually walking away from it all together and not even bothering to watch the game at all and this Bernado and on going and constant trawling for signs of racism may well be the final straw. On Saturday I could not be arsed to walk a few hundred yards to go to the bar to watch the Everton game I just kept an eye on things via BM and BBC website as the streams were shite here. I only went out to watch the Zagreb game as I was under pressure from the locals to join them.

Should Bernado get a ban and maybe if not over the coming days and weeks I may well walk away completely as the whole thing has become frankly to depressing and has now entrenched the view that there will never be this natural to me view that it matters not one fuck as to what colour you are as long as you are a good person. There are many such people in all walks of life. There are also people whom I consider to be absolute ****s many of them. Jeremy Corbyn, Boris Johnson, Sajid Javed, Dianne Abbott. If I express this view in public or even on BM it is straight away questioned or suggested with the two latter it is because of their ethnicity. For the record its fuck all to do with it. They are both ****s of the highest order for many reasons in my opinion none of those reasons are remotely connected to them being non white.

This Bernado business for me is a clear illustration and a clear example as to why both in sport and society this constant witch hunt has gone way to far and has done nothing more than drive people further apart and create more division and ultimately guarantee that in football, sport and general society that multi racial harmony is a pipe dream whilst those who claim to want it actually are perhaps the greatest friend of the true racists and bigots who want the opposite.

Its a sad depressing state of affairs and to me astonishing that few can see what is happening.

I will go and watch City at any available opportunity and have done for decades, but the fuckin' appalling refereeing and the shite that Uefa heap on the game in the guise of good governance, got me thinking on Tuesday, part way through the game, that I could kick CL games into touch and obliterate any notion of a this football competition from my consciousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.