Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I don't think he's handling this great tbh.

Pep is Pep, a great guy who speaks from the heart but when you deal with the PC brigade and the media they will twist that against him. People at the club probably fear upsetting him by briefing him how to deal with situations like this, but he does need help. We need a PR department with some guts ( I was going to say balls but hey not politically correct eh? ) to deal with these guttersnipes. The club must have known what was coming they should have been prepared.

I understand his desire to defend Silva, but Guardiola doubling down on this is making it worse. Not sure what the PR team at City are doing?! This could've been nipped in the bud far earlier with a quick apology from Bernardo for any offence caused.
I understand but my stance is the PC culture has gone too far,people are crushed by the weight of social media to say sorry for every little thing,if the players in the story are not offended i say do not be forced to say sorry,it might make your issue go away but it doesn't do society any favours

pity this wasn't available before you started attacking Guardiola as well.
Don't talk nonsense George. I haven't "attacked" Guardiola. I'm merely pointing out that he, and the club's PR team, have handled this badly. He isn't beyond reproach.

I agree with everything Pep has said. The fact this is a talking point is abhorrent. It wasn’t, and continues not to be, racist.

With that said, let’s do the niceties that the snowflakes like, let’s apologise for causing offence, let’s remind everyone that MCFC is against all things racist and donate some money to the chocolate company in case they were offended to. And move on.

We live in a world of offence now, and we have to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.