Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darren Lewis doesn’t on talksport last night he made it sound like Silva and John Barnes we’re both racists

John Barnes got plenty of racist abuse back in the bad old days and well done to him for speaking out on the issue, he usually calls these issues pretty fairly. Infact he once turned up at a Liverpool Xmas party dressed as a KKK bloke, thought that was an excellent response to the idiots. Maybe he can attend his racial awareness course with Bernado dressed the same.

I fully expect Mendy to have to attend a course teaching him what and what not it is expected that he must be offended by.

Tried convicted and guilty, hey even the punishment is called by our wonderful media, who as we all know run the game here.

Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva is very likely to miss the game against Liverpool in November. The midfielder is currently under investigation by the FA for a tweet he posted last weekend. He could receive a six-game ban from the FA. (The Times and The Independent)

What a surprise he will miss the dippers game said no one anywhere.

Tried convicted and guilty, hey even the punishment is called by our wonderful media, who as we all know run the game here.

Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva is very likely to miss the game against Liverpool in November. The midfielder is currently under investigation by the FA for a tweet he posted last weekend. He could receive a six-game ban from the FA. (The Times and The Independent)

What a surprise he will miss the dippers game said no one anywhere.

If this is the way it goes then Bernado really should tell them to go and fuck themselves and take his talents elsewhere. It really is the only appropriate stance to be taken in order to combat this stupidity. I would be gutted but who could blame him.

10 Point deduction, 5 games played behind closed doors, first eleven a 15 game ban, pep has to grow his hair for 6 months and we have to play our remaining games with a beach ball.
That's nothing compared to what'll come our way if they ever see another paper aeroplane.

If this is the way it goes then Bernado really should tell them to go and fuck themselves and take his talents elsewhere. It really is the only appropriate stance to be taken in order to combat this stupidity. I would be gutted but who could blame him.

I am on record here saying he was stupid posting the tweet and now this video which sounds even more idiotic than the tweet. I am surprised if this has been out there for a year they have only just mentioned it now but I guess they have started digging. Not for one second do I believe Bernardo is racist but I guess the club are having some serious words with the players behind the scenes now on the dangers of social media and the consequences. A bit like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted but hey ho.

Not a defence but some countries in Europe like Spain and Italy seem a bit behind the UK in racial awareness, maybe in Portugal such banter is deemed funny and acceptable?

Anyway it is what it is as Pep says, the player and club have to take it on the chin I'm afraid.

Unfortunately I see a ban coming, which is disgraceful.

I’ve read loads of articles on this and reading through the comments from all football fans there’s a large majority that think Bernando has done nothing wrong.

The media though have him guilty as a racist.

Hopefully Bernando and Mendy’s statements sent to the FA will help put this to bed, though I very much doubt it.

The witch hunt is in full swing.

The percent of whom feel this way are probably more than overwhelmingly straight cis gendered white men. I say this because that would seem to be something to not ignore when we’re talking about racism.

The truth all of us know is white people don't really talk about racism amongst ourselves like those who tend to be on the receiving end of it do.

Racism - a definition of we don’t even all have a shared view of in conversation - the version I adhere to, is not just overt versions or about hatred of someone for their skin colour.

Is this truly a witch hunt when as I stated in a previous post and others know, "good people" can still contribute to racism without intending to do so? The claims as such is honestly disappointing - yet I get yet let's be real, those that tend to feel this way are talking about being almost exclusively white in racial identity and can feel frustrated with and not quite empathise with the nuance of the concern about what Bernardo was doing, and Pep's well intended response.

This is uncomfortable material. I'm white person who has had to sit with it when I didn't like it. Isn't this similar to an athlete responding to adversity with results or team turmoil, how you choose to respond?

It disappoints me that some seem to resort to digging heels in, and deflection of any possible culpability of Bernardo and our own views that may suggest this is "no big deal" than a chance at considering empathy. All the whilst calling out others who have tried to express concern and not necessarily labeled Bernardo or Pep awful people or want everyone to be "brainwashed."

I am a huge fan of them both in many areas, not just as a City fan or for their footballing prowess. That doesn't mean they are immune from critique entirely and I hope because of their good character traits I have observed they are more likely to respond well.

Can't we do better? Are we?

Last edited:
so Bernardo is going to get a 6 game ban when Terry, who was found guilty in court of racially abusing an opponent, got a four game ban.

no punishment will be handed out until after tomorrows game. So, what are the 6 games that he would miss?

Wolves (H)
Palace (A)
Villa (H)
Southampton (H) (EFL Cup)
Southampton (H)
Liverpool (A)

How fucking convienient eh? Bernardo, who had a brilliant game at Anfield last season, is going to be given a ridiculously exagerrated ban that will end just after we play them.

Bent. As. Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.