Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something very wrong with the dept at city that manages press and media relations and there has been for many years.

Where is the fightback? Where is the management of press conferences and such like?

Time and time again our club and the good people who work for it are sneered at, lied about, and outright smeared and what is the club's reply?

We roll out the red carpet and treat these ****s like kings whilst they shit all over our club and its' employees. I'm tired of it.

Our club is weak, scared of its' own shadow and this has to change and change quickly.

There is something very wrong with the dept at city that manages press and media relations and there has been for many years.

Where is the fightback? Where is the management of press conferences and such like?

Time and time again our club and the good people who work for it are sneered at, lied about, and outright smeared and what is the club's reply?

We roll out the red carpet and treat these ****s like kings whilst they shit all over our club and its' employees. I'm tired of it.

Our club is weak, scared of its' own shadow and this has to change and change quickly.
The press know we are a soft touch, so they can bully us without repercussion.

Last edited:
I can only repeat what I’ve been saying on page 88.

If Kick It Out are the organisation that wants to stop racism, it should focus on what really matters. And it’s not about that it’s been put on social media or not, it’s about the intentions that anybody with the right mindset can understand. If however you feel offended by what Bernardo says to a close friend or what any person wherever and whoever says to his or her friend that is simply banter, there is something wrong with the ones feeling offended. This way you take the fight against racism totally out of context and by that it won’t help the cause. And that fact is as sad as racism is by itself.

Anyway Bernardo has apologised and apparently said he won’t make the same “mistake” again, Mendy has said he wasn’t offended, I wonder if that’ll be enough to close the matter. I doubt it. But than again nothing surprises me in football. City got a bigger fine for their players being a minute late on the pitch rather than the home team (Porto - a Portugese team coincidently) apenoising our black players. This is UEFA. This is football.
Its just took me 5 minutes to work out what apenoising mean't.

Why is a video from last year still floating around? What next, Bernardo played Aladdin at school?

He is probably going to be hanged drawn and quartered by the time they finish with him. A sobering lesson to post nothing out there for the PC brigade to jump on, especially if you are in the public eye.

I can only repeat what I’ve been saying on page 88.

If Kick It Out are the organisation that wants to stop racism, it should focus on what really matters. And it’s not about that it’s been put on social media or not, it’s about the intentions that anybody with the right mindset can understand. If however you feel offended by what Bernardo says to a close friend or what any person wherever and whoever says to his or her friend that is simply banter, there is something wrong with the ones feeling offended. This way you take the fight against racism totally out of context and by that it won’t help the cause. And that fact is as sad as racism is by itself.

Anyway Bernardo has apologised and apparently said he won’t make the same “mistake” again, Mendy has said he wasn’t offended, I wonder if that’ll be enough to close the matter. I doubt it. But than again nothing surprises me in football. City got a bigger fine for their players being a minute late on the pitch rather than the home team (Porto - a Portugese team coincidently) apenoising our black players. This is UEFA. This is football.

Do you believe that kick it out want to rid football of racism....really?

Can never understand why our football club puts up with the shit stirring journo's and them offer them first class hospitality , our media department needs to grow a pair and refuse entry to the likes of Rag Simon Stone . What can the reporters do about it ?, Give us a hard time , they already do that , so f*ck 'em , and ban the twats . couldnt stand the Pisscan at the Swamp but he wouldnt put up with this bollocks , he wouldnt talk to the BBC for months , we need to do something similar.

The only thing Bernardo is guilty of is his poor use of social media. A joke between mates shouldn't be made public.

Yet crowds in Italy and Russia make monkey noises to black players near on all the time and nothing seems to get done.

The only people I've seen outraged so far have been white people.
It will be extremely disappointing if Bernardo is made an example off.

Bernardo just needs to remember. Just because his mate and several others don't see a problem, you can guarantee someone will. No matter what colour they are.

The only thing Bernardo is guilty of is his poor use of social media. A joke between mates shouldn't be made public.

Yet crowds in Italy and Russia make monkey noises to black players near on all the time and nothing seems to get done.

The only people I've seen outraged so far have been white people.
It will be extremely disappointing if Bernardo is made an example off.

Bernardo just needs to remember. Just because his mate and several others don't see a problem, you can guarantee someone will. No matter what colour they are.
That's the course Bernardo needs to be sent on:

The "How to avoid falling victim to the professionally outraged, social justice warriors on social media course".

They have been building towards headlines like this from the start: "Bernardo/Pep said this and people are outraged by it" [insert comment from social media junkies/influencers, desperate for retweets, follows or whatever their true motivations are here]

Last edited:
I gather you are being cynical, but word for word I said Kick It Out wants to stop racism.

Cynical me never.....

seriously though I think there are alot of good people in the game who certainly want to rid the game of racism but plenty who dont. The media and kick it out are a couple of elements whom I have deep suspicions of their true motives.

This whole Bernado thing does nothing to reassure me. He was a silly bugger for posting on social media mind but were I him I would strongly consider my future and come January would be off to Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.