Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok my suggesting you put me on ignore was quite simply on account of your borderline abusive response.

I am not sure how old you are but if you are anything close to my age it is highly likely you have indeed endured some totally unacceptable cretiny that if you are a black guy. Thankfully things have improved and whilst things are not perfect and probably will never be sadly and for all kinds of reasons that will never be an justifiable excuse.

I have no intention or wish to make you look an idiot why should I? My own experience is from having hidden disabilities and long term illness (fibromyalgia, M.E, and a good dollop of dyslexia thrown in for good measure). I have had comments suggesting my conditions dont actually exist, that I should get a grip, man up and much worse. Being male has made me a particular target and infact continues today unchecked. There has been little or no progress made against discrimination bullying and abusing people like myself over the years nor is their any real sign of that changing. I can assure you I could write a book. I generally do not divulge my problems as it will usually only provoke more ridicule accusations of being lazy and thick of course. I absolutely gurantee there will be plenty reading this thinking it is all bollocks. I hope this goes someway to qualifying my claims to have a very thorough understanding of how these things go.

I can tell you that without question I would personally be a healthy black guy being racially (verbally) abused than what I have to contend with. That does not mean that I condone it nor that I think it is any more or any less acceptable/unacceptable. It most certainly does make me have an understanding and can only sympathise and condemn any such nonsense you have encountered.

Anyway thats quite enough of my problems but I hope the little insight I have given clears any misconceptions up. You may not agree with my views on the issues covered in this thread and as I say I have no issue at all with that, but hope you will see fit to reconsider your accusiations of lack of intellect or of having no understanding of the issues covered.

I'm quite happy to retract my words on a lack of intelligence if that's, indeed, what I did.

With that said, I would expect you to understand that a mate said to you for your consumption, a joke that discredited you for your amusement; that would be for your ears only.

If you had other people, without your particular strength of being, hearing the same 'joke' internationally, would you not understand the offensive stance that they might take even if YOU, yourself, laughed your head off...??

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why this is not common sense...?

And, by the way, I personally would back you to the hilt on your condition.

I'm quite happy to retract my words on a lack of intelligence if that's, indeed, what I did.

With that said, I would expect you to understand that a mate said to you for your consumption, a joke that discredited you for your amusement; that would be for your ears only.

If you had other people, without your particular strength of being, hearing the same 'joke' internationally, would you not understand the offensive stance that they might take even if YOU, yourself, laughed your head off...??

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Why do you post in riddles?

So now you are telling me how I must feel, thanks very much for that. Let me make this very simple and easy for you. If a friend makes a joke about me in public like Bernardo did and I say it isn’t anti Semitic then it isn’t. If someone else thinks that’s the case because they are thinking for me then they are wrong. I am the only one who can judge if a joke about me is or isn’t anti Semitic. If someone else says on my behalf that it’s anti Semitic then they are the ones with a problem not me. Mandy has said he wasn’t offended so end of discussion. Not sure whether you are one big WUM or just simple. As for my IQ I can guarantee you that unless you are a fellow member of MENSA mine will be substantially higher but thanks for checking. Off to watch MOTD now so goodnight

You go and MotD and realise when a 'joke' is made PUBLIC, people have their OWN relationship with that 'joke' and it will be felt in context.

I'm bored of people not understanding this.

You go and MotD and realise when a 'joke' is made PUBLIC, people have their OWN relationship with that 'joke' and it will be felt in context.

I'm bored of people not understanding this.

Right that’s it! On the ignore list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.