Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would help, as I said, if you get some background on the thread before commentating as I find myself answering the SAME points as earlier.

Or is that me being 'aggressive'..?

Just ignore them if you don't agree may be better sometimes, but yes you do sound very tense relax as frankie would say:)

I can’t see what you are putting but have you not something better you could be doing today? You have made your point - what’s the point of repeating it all day?

Personally I find it quite informative and refreshing to have a differing viewpoint on the forum. I was initially quite dismissive with regards the criticism of the tweet but other view points are giving context to the debate and highlighting how the tweet can be offensive to people who's life is very different to my own. It has definitely made me question my own view and highlighted the complexity of the issue.

Personally I am grateful for @Bigga for expressing his views, lets not close the debate down as he is providing a balance to the debate.

It makes it 'acceptable' in their culture, not here.

Bernardo has had a tough lesson.

it also shows how far we’ve come in fighting racism that this tweet, which can portray racial stereotyping, albeit without any intentional malice, is now a huge thing in this country.

Doesn’t the fact that white footballers are fair game to be compared to white cartoon characters whilst black ones still aren’t surely show that black people are being treated in a different plane?

I want us to get to the point in society where we are like the Simpsons. Nothing is off limits and people are all treated the same, but fun can be poked at any subject, without people finding offence where there was none meant.

Yes you are. Just unignored for a minute to see what you saying.

You seem a bit obsessed with this matter?

Must have a good life if this is your biggest worry.

Oh, right, I forget you have never had the privilege of growing up having monkey chants shouted at you from cars driving by, growing up seeing White people blacked up acting as what would be perceived as what a Black person would/ should act like, watching TV and not being represented in a positive light until the last few years [really].

But, yet AGAIN, I have said how far we've come along and I don't want that derailed for a stupid msg and to keep it private.

It's funny how much I'm being castigated for wishing these pals should have kept it private, where you're fight it these things to be openly displayed.

If these boards are not able to see the greater connotations, then why am I even here??

It makes a mockery that Blues are supposed to support each other.

I think many will be glad that I'm now considering my position after years of being here.

Oh, right, I forget you have never had the privilege of growing up having monkey chants shouted at you from cars driving by, growing up seeing White people blacked up acting as what would be perceived as what a Black person would/ should act like, watching TV and not being represented in a positive light until the last few years [really].

But, yet AGAIN, I have said how far we've come along and I don't want that derailed for a stupid msg and to keep it private.

It's funny how much I'm being castigated for wishing these pals should have kept it private, where you're fight it these things to be openly displayed.

If these boards are not able to see the greater connotations, then why am I even here??

It makes a mockery that Blues are supposed to support each other.

I think many will be glad that I'm now considering my position after years of being here.

See Alan Harper’s tash post a few posts up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.